Performance engine guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
    Is it a Chris Craft boat? I bet its a 283- it might be of value to those that restore them. It might be worth checking into, I bet those exhaust manifolds are hard to find
    The boat hill in the trees is fiberglass and low profile so don’t think it’s a Chris craft. It seems the consensus is marine I’ll ask my FIL more about it later.

Comment

That looks like a set-up for a unlimited water source for cooling.

Comment

Yes, that is a small block Chevy and a older one, probably early 60s or older. I am going to say that's a engine was in a boat.

Comment

Thanks for the input folks, I sent my FIL a message about it and he said it was out of an old jet boat he had in the 70’s. You guys are good

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Thanks for the input folks, I sent my FIL a message about it and he said it was out of an old jet boat he had in the 70’s. You guys are good

As my buddy use to say “I may not always be right but I’m never wrong.”
            [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any pics of the 61 vette?

Comment

Boat

Comment

Yes, pics of the Vette please!

Comment

I have seen one before as my buddy was a small block collector and recognized the air can. I think it is an old 265 based on pics I googled.

Comment

look up the suffix number stamped into the block its on the block in front of the passenger side head

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                        As my buddy use to say “I may not always be right but I’m never wrong.”
                        [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        That sounds like something I’d say

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          Any pics of the 61 vette?
                          I didn’t take any pics of it. Been looking at that thing in the shop for 18 years so I guess I barely even see it these days. He did have it in an old shop so cluttered he could not work on it if he wanted to but they sold that property 6 months ago and he just finished a new shop in the back yard solely to make room for this car.
                          He is 75 and thinking about retiring this year so he can work on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X