• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home security systems

FYI.

Stay away from Vivint!

That is all!

I had nothing but trouble from them on my last house. Didn't like their customer service at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

You're not the first person I have heard that from. I know a lot of people that like the Simply Safe deal.

Comment

That's who we have. Getting ready to drop them and go with ring

Comment

Simply Safe is the way to go. We have assets 155 miles away and everytime I test it, it works. Awesome.

Comment

Zmodo! Love mine and cheap with great DVR

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Simply Safe is the way to go. We have assets 155 miles away and everytime I test it, it works. Awesome.

Do they have an outdoor camera yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                FYI.

Stay away from Vivint!
                They always come a knockin on our door with the same ol salesman tactic. Your neighbor deborah just signed up with us and also your other neighbor James...so I think I can cut you a deal. blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  FYI.

Stay away from Vivint!

That is all!

Why so??? Have had a ViVint System for over a year and it’s been flawless.

Comment

I've avoided them solely based on their sales tactics. Unfortunately several of my neighbors fell for it and are now dissatisfied with their long term contract.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                      Why so??? Have had a ViVint System for over a year and it’s been flawless.
                      Very long explanation, just stay away. Good luck if you want to cancel or transfer to a new home owner. Take my word for it!

Comment

We finally just bundled our security monitoring with our Xfinity package.

All I can say about alarm monitoring companies is read the fine print in the contract; especially the renewal clause. I originally went with a smaller company (Connect One, I believe is what it was called). I accidently let our 2 year contract lapse. You would think, it will just fall to a month-to-month deal like cable or phone service. Nope, without written notice at least 30 days prior to contract maturity date, they had a clause for an automatic 2 year renewal. We were moving and they tried to hold me to the 2 year full contract literally 2 months after it automatically renewed. I had to go through multiple layers to get out of the contract and still paid an early penalty fee of $300. Still was better than paying like $1,200 they originally wanted. Crazy to say the least. Like I said, be cautious and read the fine print.

I consider myself a reasonable person, but the way some of these contracts are structured is borderline unethical imo.

Comment

Blink. No service. No contracts. No wiring. No professional install. Too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            Blink. No service. No contracts. No wiring. No professional install. Too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            THat's what I have. Got tired of changing batteries, so they are all solar now too. Only issue I have had since i owned them was an apparently drunk bird flew right into one of them and it fell off the eave onto the patio and the back came off. Of course it was raining... lol The new one I got to replace it has a different back on it, so I doubt that will be an issue in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              They always come a knockin on our door with the same ol salesman tactic. Your neighbor deborah just signed up with us and also your other neighbor James...so I think I can cut you a deal. blah blah blah.
                              Did they add the “did you realize there was a break in recently in the neighborhood?”

Comment

Working...
                              X