Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the coldest weather you’ve experienced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen -65 windchill and -50 actual working the rigs in North Dakota. But I was dressed for it! Spent three years there in that brutal cold. And let me tell you -10 sunny and no wind feels amazing!

But the coldest I have ever felt was 22 with a light mist and a solid wind on lake Mathis hunting ducks! Boy, it’s sure different when your wet and under dressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-8 in Crested Butte, felt like someone smashing my toes with a hammer.... Not a fan of the cold.

Comment

-11 around 2014 when Dallas froze over.

I was in NW Kansas hunting that front.

Comment

-28 in Kyrgyzstan.

Comment

Camped in -9° with 12” of snow a few weeks ago on a Colorado deer hunt. Day 2 of our hunt, it warmed up to 8°. Picture is while we are setting up camp and the snow was just starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30 below with 60 below wind chills. Last day of skiing at Breckenridge CO!

Comment

-20 at Winter Park, CO on top of the mountain skiing in about 1989. My buddy had to rip his lip off his jacket zipper, because it froze there while we were riding the lift up. But, hey, no lift lines!

Comment

So how do you even dress for any of these neg. degree temps? I'd think it impossible to stay out for more than a couple minutes, if that, much less have your hands exposed for a bow or rifle shot. ???

Comment

Duck hunt in North Dakota it was -34 with the wind chill, brutal. Beer would freeze almost instantly when you took it out of the ice chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      The link only shows a picture. Got the whole story?
                      It’s a slide. Arrows on the picture.

Comment

Baker City, OR
                        -5ish on a pheasant/hun/quail hunt more times than I can count
                        -32 on a walk to school in 1978

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          So how do you even dress for any of these neg. degree temps? I'd think it impossible to stay out for more than a couple minutes, if that, much less have your hands exposed for a bow or rifle shot. ???
                          I would compare the -9 I felt in Colorado to a Texas 15. And sitting in a tree would have been miserable. When you're clothes are layered right and you're on the move after deer-- it's not bad.
                          Hell we were sleeping in this weather in a tent lol. Granted I'm 28yrs old, young and dumb

Comment

Layers and layers.
                            Took my bison in below 0 weather a few years back.
                            I took my coat off for this pic but I had on 2 pairs of long johns under my heavy pants- merino wool and fleece, long johns and a sweatshirt under my wool shirt and vest all under my heavy wool coat. Got the cow after 3 days of post holing though deep snow, finally took out the snow shoes for the harvest.
                            A wind blocking layer is key with wool for your next to skin layer. You're still going to sweat when it's cold but need a layer to keep you warm even with sweat.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              The link only shows a picture. Got the whole story?
                              Navigate to the next page with the left/right arrows at the top right of the page.

Comment

Lion hunting on Colorado in February. Fresh snow and looking for tracks all night long, wind chill was -40.

Comment

Working...
                                X