Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    We fished timber for an hour or so this morning then went and shot docks the rest of the morning. Haven’t done that since October! Man it’s fun!! I think we. Caught 25 off the first dock.
    I an really looking forward to learning to shoot docks once my boats back rolling. That's one of my goals for the year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and a buddy of mine took a little drive and fished with Marty , we were not disappointed to say the least. We only had half the day to fish and the wind was awful but with that said we put it on em for sure. I could write several pages on our host but everyone here knows that Marty is top-notch in all aspects. We had a great time fishing with him and I will do it again for sure. All I know now is I need one of those livescope imagers so if anyone is upgrading one I’m looking for a used one.. Thanks again for a great fishing trip Marty....

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My next investment will be livescope for sure. I spent $5000 on my boat this past weekend. Bought 2 new 9" garmin echomap 93 uhd graphs(both livescope ready) and new minnkota ultrex with I pilot. Momma might shoot me if I spend anymore here soon😁.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
              Me and a buddy of mine took a little drive and fished with Marty , we were not disappointed to say the least. We only had half the day to fish and the wind was awful but with that said we put it on em for sure. I could write several pages on our host but everyone here knows that Marty is top-notch in all aspects. We had a great time fishing with him and I will do it again for sure. All I know now is I need one of those livescope imagers so if anyone is upgrading one I’m looking for a used one.. Thanks again for a great fishing trip Marty....
              Thanks for the kind words Sam. It was a pleasure to finally meet you.
              The wind made it tough but Sam caught on to the livescope faster than most and we had a really nice afternoon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fork 2020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	24616947

Took my son out to Fork last week, wind finally ran us off the lake but we managed a few crappie

Comment

Courtney brought her Husband Gary fishing for his birthday. It was a great day to be on the water weather was nice and no big wind gusts beating us up. We fished standing timber and they beat out a quick limit. Gary used hand tied jigs and Courtney caught as many on minnows.
                  Nothing makes a guide happier than to have folks tell him
                  that they had just had the best fishing trip of their lives.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	24616966

Comment

Heck yeah! I'm ready to get back over there! I haven't fished in 3 days!

That's about to change though!

Comment

I am itching to get back on the water!

The freight company called me today to meet me at the house to unload my package from Cabelas...yipee my new trolling motor is here! I got to the house and the driver started unloading a 13 foot kayak! How in the heck do you mess up an order that bad??? Now I have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks for them to reship it since it comes direct from Garmin. I had planned on installing it Friday when I will be off work and was really looking forward to finally having anchor mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        I am itching to get back on the water!

The freight company called me today to meet me at the house to unload my package from Cabelas...yipee my new trolling motor is here! I got to the house and the driver started unloading a 13 foot kayak! How in the heck do you mess up an order that bad??? Now I have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks for them to reship it since it comes direct from Garmin. I had planned on installing it Friday when I will be off work and was really looking forward to finally having anchor mode.
                        I would not have been happy! I was like a kid on Christmas waiting for mine to show up!

Comment

Today was lights out. 2 man limit by lunch. Then to celebrate I went home, made crappie tacos, and ordered a new Minn Kota Ultrex.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            My next investment will be livescope for sure. I spent $5000 on my boat this past weekend. Bought 2 new 9" garmin echomap 93 uhd graphs(both livescope ready) and new minnkota ultrex with I pilot. Momma might shoot me if I spend anymore here soon😁.
                            What's $6500 when you already spent $5K!

Comment

First trip back yesterday since the Covid 19 mess. Had Jeff,his son Owen, and their dad on Palestine to try and see several different ways to catch them. We started on timber early cause I knew the wind would put that out of play soon and I wasn't seeing the numbers I was looking for so we went to some docks and started filling the cooler. Ended the day a couple short of a 3 man limit. Brush was terrible. I figured we could fish 20-30 piles and catch 2-3 keepers off every other one and find one or 2 we could catch 8-10 off but that wasn't the case! Docks were the ticket today. That's probably my favorite way to catch em. Jeff had it down early and Owen was getting it down by the end of the trip. Lake being 6" high still didn't help any. Probably caught 250 fish today. Felt like I was on Chambers with all those little fish! Maybe Jeff can post a pic! I'm still in photo TBH prison.

Thanks again guys! That was fun! I have May 20th open for Fork, Pines, Palestine, or Tawakoni and could do Fork on the 23rd. Next available dates are in June. Tourneys cranking back up hopefully then! Fishing is only gonna get better as it warms up!

Comment

I just got a personal delivery of crappie fillets from ol' Snowflake Killa! Thanks Pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X