Need help with Mathews Bow - Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Mathews Bow - Houston

Well this is a first for me. I’ve been shooting a brand new TRX 40 for the last three months. Yesterday while shooting I was holding really well on target but was getting weird arrow flight. Didn’t think anything of it. Then today I pulled out the bow and same thing but worse. At 20 yards I had arrows landing 2-3” left of what I was aiming at and arrows landing almost sideways nock right. I just so happened to look over the bow and found this. I need to order a new limb and have a press so I can tear the bow apart. If there is anyone in the greater Houston area that could help me with this I’d be happy to compensate you seeing as all of the shops are closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp just got word that the Mathews factory is closed so I’m SOL until they open.

Comment

They will send limbs to your dealer of choice for repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        They will send limbs to your dealer of choice for repair.

Even while the factory is closed?

Comment

Did u or anyone else accidentally dry fire the bow? That looks kind of what might have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            Did u or anyone else accidentally dry fire the bow? That looks kind of what might have happened.

Bow hasn’t left my house in weeks. So unless my wife decided to take a stab at it, it hasn’t been dry fired lol.

Comment

Wonder if it was pulled back with the mods off at the bow shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Wonder if it was pulled back with the mods off at the bow shop.

My shop has been closed since early March. I checked the mods, they’re on tight.

Comment

Just spoke with a Mathews customer service rep. Said they were two weeks behind on orders prior to the closure, but they think they’ll reopen April 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Well this is a first for me. I’ve been shooting a brand new TRX 40 for the last three months. Yesterday while shooting I was holding really well on target but was getting weird arrow flight. Didn’t think anything of it. Then today I pulled out the bow and same thing but worse. At 20 yards I had arrows landing 2-3” left of what I was aiming at and arrows landing almost sideways nock right. I just so happened to look over the bow and found this. I need to order a new limb and have a press so I can tear the bow apart. If there is anyone in the greater Houston area that could help me with this I’d be happy to compensate you seeing as all of the shops are closed.

Found limbs. Called west Houston archery and was surprised to find out they’re open. Please close thread mods

Comment

Working...
                    X