$500 Defensive Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500 Defensive Setup

Mostly hypothetical, but what would you choose as a defensive setup on a budget of $500? This could be HD or carried in a vehicle. $500 includes gun and optic, if applicable. Also, this could be a CC rig, but not mandatory. Obviously, we can all buy guns for specific purposes, so what would you pick?

I think I’d get a plain Jane Palmetto pieced together AR, and a dot in the $150 range.

Definitely be a handgun setup for me, big M&P fan but not sure what I’d go with. Either M&P 2.0 with a used X300, CZ p09 or Glock 17 with a magwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$500 Defensive Setup

A Glock 19 and all the ammo you can buy with what’s leftover....don’t forget tracers.

Comment

Mines a 10.5” barreled Blkout. It goes everywhere with me except cc. If I could figure that out I’d carry it.

Comment

rem 870, mossberg 500 or benelli nova, 18" barrel and a light would be a great option.. handgun, i'd also go with glock 19 and a light

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Glock 19 or glock17 used.. Replace the sights if they are still stock and get good carry ammo

Comment

Palmetto state 10.5” 556 pistol with a holosun red dot. I actually just finished up a build with defense in mind and it meets the requirements until I slap my suppressor on it

Comment

Plastic pistol in 40s&w, with a light and a big stick

Comment

Probably a complete PSA lower with a PSA CHF barreled upper or a BCM standard mid length upper and a surefire G2 mounted to the FSB.

Comment

If CC isn't necessary, an AR pistol in Blackout would be an excellent choice. Or one of the pistol caliber carbines.
                    Last edited by softpoint; 07-30-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Short barrel tactical shotgun is always best for home defense to keep from hitting unintended innocents. Imo

Comment

Rem 870 smooth bore 18" for buckshot and slugs rifle sights on top extended tube mag 8 rounds side saddle 6 rounds speed stock 4 rounds

00 buck in the tube and side saddle 12 rounds

4 slugs in speed stock

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pump shotgun loaded with 00 buck for HD. Handgun in the car because of the confined space. Dealer's choice of which brand/model/caliber as long as it is .380 or larger with quality expanding ammunition.

Comment

9mm carbine or AR pistol in 9mm. Throw a sig red dot on it and done. The little ruger pic carbine would be right around budget as well maybe a little over.

Close second would be a mossberg pump shotgun in 20 gauge for home defense.

Comment

Glock 22

Comment

Working...
                              X