Mudcat/BlackBass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mudcat/BlackBass

My pond is infested with Mudcat was told if I put enough decent size largemouth bass in there they will take care of the Mudcats. Is this true? other then the muscats it is also infested with bluegill. the pond is about 2 acer's

Yes, they will eat them

Comment

2-3 big yellow cat will knock them out I always heard.

Comment

I am having this problem but with crappie. It is every cast with a beetle spin but only one filet sized fish for every 30 you catch.

Comment

Blue cats will deal with them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
            Yellow cats will eat EVERYTHING that is alive in the pond... Been there done that... You think oh its only a couple, and next thing you know your wondering where all the perch went! We actually ended up catching both of them out of there and 2 years later the perch population is back..

Comment

my other pond has nothing but perch will probably put some bass in there as well to control the perch population.

Comment

If only you were around College Station. I fish a pond where there are too many 5+ largemouth bass and some need to go to a different pond

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                  If only you were around College Station. I fish a pond where there are too many 5+ largemouth bass and some need to go to a different pond
                  only about an hour away.

Comment

If you were around me I would buy the mudcats from you. GREAT yellow cat bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                      This.. A big flat will crawl out on the bank to eat a bullhead(mudcat).. Go catch 3 or 4 and throw them in your pond. They will take care of your problem..

Comment

There is no such thing as TO MANY 5lb BASS....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          There is no such thing as TO MANY 5lb BASS....
                          I fished on a place that they would grab baby ducks left and right. I even made a lure out of a rubber duck.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            If you were around me I would buy the mudcats from you. GREAT yellow cat bait.
                            We used them all the time live on trotlines, limblines and jug lines for big blues. Never caught any yellows on them.

They will stay alive for days.

Comment

I’m in CStat and wouldn’t mind catching a few 5lb largies....

Comment

Working...
                              X