Broken Bow Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Bow Fishing?

Got a cabin in broken bow next week. Has anyone attempted to fly fish or fish? Any good spots or direction would be greatly appreciated!

As well as lures or flies this time of year?

Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be there first week in June. Watching.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Rainbows are thick right behind the dam but don't tell everybody

Comment

Saw a bunch of guys fly fishing near the dam. There’s a fly shop right off of the river, couple nice folks working in there. They should be able to help ya out

Comment

Search broken bow on here and you will find a good amount of threads with some pretty good advice

Comment

Water will be cold. Go to the local fly shop they will give you all the info for the Mountain Fork river. Love that place.

Comment

I go there about 3 times a yr. it has gotten tough after the 2 floods they had. But you can still catch some. I use a fly rod sometimes but mostly I use a light spinning reel. Power worms are my choice with a small hook and rigged wacky style with a small split shot about 8 to 10 inches above hook. Bubble gum color will get the big bite but red and lime green work well also. Thank me later.

Comment

Scan this site message board for LMF River scouting reports.

Comment

I don't know if it still has em in it,but my brother caught a 4lb walleye outta there around 1980.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy all the spoons you can find- those rocks are hungry! We had really good luck with silver and pink spoons at the spill way. A lot depends on how close you are to the release date.

Comment

Certain sections of the river have different regulations. Get a map and you should be good to go. Last time I was there you could buy an Oklahoma trout stamp for so many days and you were good on licensing. I have caught trout all along the River in the past years I just have not been there recently.
                      When the kids were little we went all the time but that was years ago.

I have never fished Broken Bow Lake itself. Had a good friend up there last year and they caught walleye out of the lake last summer. Do not know where they fished.
                      Last edited by Killer; 05-20-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Thank y’all.

Hopefully I can get on some fish

Comment

Just arrived. Anymore pointers?

Comment

Eat at mjhaverkamp's seafood joint in Hochatown: Shuck Me

Comment

I'm headed up Tuesday...don't burn the place down!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X