No announcement yet.

How many only hunt in the evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill almost all my bucks in the evening. If it’s a full moon all night I don’t hunt in the mornings. But to say I never hunt in the morning would be a lie especially if I have a good buck on camera that has been showing in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I typically only get to hunt on weekends so I hunt mornings and evenings. I usually see more bucks in the morning/mid morning. I try to be in the stand and ready 30-45 minutes before sunrise and stay as long as I can. I don’t mind running a little late to the stand on evening hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I mostly hunt evenings. The large majority of the time that’s when my older deer have been most consistent on camera. Not really sure why but mornings are regularly slower. If that changes I’ll be out in the morning more though. I also live 15 minutes from the gate so I can go whenever I want

Comment

I only hunt evenings and field edges with good access during October then move into woods during rut. This is midwest type areas. Certainly harder to do in typical Texas habitat.

Comment

Uh no. This seems like flawed logic to me. If youre willing to drive or walk to stand in middle of daylight hours where deer can see you, as well as smell and hear you, why wouldn't you walk or drive in when they can't see you. Morning hunts are very productive, make for much easier tracking, and are cooler and keep your scent down. I would work on making your setups more easily accessible in mornings, change up some stuff, put up new stand, hunt away from feeders, try something new. Giving up morning hunts is just a dumb idea, no offense meant.

Comment

I set my stands where I can get in unnoticed in the mornings. This might mean not going in until its barely breaking light so I don't have to use any light. If I use a light at all its covered by my hand and just a sliver of light pointed straight down to walk by.

I love the crack of dawn. Oh what a majic time.

Comment

My wife hates mornings. I love hunting and will go every chance I get. I can’t see deer from bed

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  I mostly hunt evenings.

Sleeping in slacker!....

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    I mostly hunt evenings. The large majority of the time that’s when my older deer have been most consistent on camera. Not really sure why but mornings are regularly slower. If that changes I’ll be out in the morning more though. I also live 15 minutes from the gate so I can go whenever I want
                    uh we got up every morning and evening even if we were hung over

Comment

I pretty much park right next to my blind so it doesn't really matter if its morning or evening. I hunt at the zoo

Comment

If you want to kill big deer you should hunt every opportunity you get. I killed by biggest buck at 11:30 am, oh and it was low fence just in case anyone was wondering

Comment

I'm scared of the dark.

Comment

I've kept a record of every deer I've killed. Almost 75% of my good bucks came from morning hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              Exactly. And, these same girlie men are the first back to camp in the evening because they aren't in their stands till dark.
                              I had a climbing stand in SHNF, years back that I showed my BIL and let him use it. The next time I went to the place where I hid it, I found the stand haphazardly thrown to the ground as if he realized it was getting dark and he wanted to get the heck out of dodge.
                              In the mornings, he also didn't leave his truck until daylight. Still wonders why he didn't shoot deer in SHNF while I did. LOL
                              HAHA this is so true. I'm sure we all know a guy like this. If you're tracking a deer at night he is never far from your side either!

Comment

Love morning hunts but always get in the stand an hr before daylight. Have been known to sleep in and go out around 10am when others are coming in from a morning hunt especially during a full moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X