Pork belly - meat church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork belly - meat church

If you haven’t tried pork belly burnt ends I recommend the meat church recipe. Tried it today for the first time and wow. This stuff is like candy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a waste of good cracklin meat

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

Naw. I’ve had good cracklins, I think I prefer the burnt ends!!

Comment

Looks phenomenal!

Comment

Them meat church guys got it going on.

Used the voodoo on quail and another on a pork shoulder now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Them meat church guys got it going on.

Used the voodoo on quail and another on a pork shoulder now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man that holy voodoo is some good stuff. I used the honey hog for this recipe. I typically use the voodoo on chicken and veggies. That stuff is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              While I love cracklins, you sir are just plain WRONG. Pork belly burnt ends are the bomb. Just buy two and do both

Comment

Man that’s good looking stuff!! We have a local restaurant that does these as “man candy” and it’s unbelievably good!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Man that’s good looking stuff!! We have a local restaurant that does these as “man candy” and it’s unbelievably good!

That’s a very fitting name!

Comment

I tried going the burnt end way and I prefer it when I cook it whole and slice it off.

Comment

Man that looks good, gonna have to try that one

Comment

I make burnt ends all the time. They’re always a party favorite.

Comment

Looks great!!! Is the recipe on their website?? I am a big fan of their holy gospel seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                            Looks great!!! Is the recipe on their website?? I am a big fan of their holy gospel seasoning.

I was just looking it up.

I make this BBQ two different ways. Traditionally I have smoked pork belly whole, then cubed it, sauced it and finished the burnt ends cooking process. However, today I am going to focus on my preferred method that has become more popular as of late which includes cubing the belly before it's smoked. This allows for the meat to absorb smoke on all sides of the cube and makes for a tasty bite.  Video for this recipe ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEpZI18OtM&t=25s Ingredients 1 Skinless Pork Belly Meat Church Honey Hog, Honey Hog Hot or The Gospel (depending on your taste buds desires) Meat Mitch Naked Sauce (sub your fav sweet sauce) Burleson’s clover honey 2 ½ disposable aluminum steam pans Apple juice for spritzing Optional Tools Wire rack Instant Read Thermometer Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Cherry Habanero Rib Candy Optional Cowboy Candied Jalapeños recipe: http://bit.ly/candyjalapenos Prepare your SmokerPrepare your smoker at a temperature of 275 degrees. I recommend medium smoke wood for this cook such as hickory or pecan. Butcher the Pork BellyCube the pork belly into 1” x 1” cubes. Season the Pork BellyThoroughly coat all sides of the pork belly cubes with your choice of Honey Hog, or The Gospel. You can even use Holy Gospel or Honey Hog Hot. I prefer a spicier rub becuase I finish these with a sweet sauce. Allow the rub to adhere on all sides for at least 15 minutes. Smoke the Pork BellyPlace the pork belly in the smoker fat-side up. I prefer to do this on a wire rack. This cook will take 3 hours. Spritz the pork belly with apple juice every 45 minutes or whenever it starts to look dry. Using your Thermapen MK4, pull the belly when the meat reaches an internal temperature of 190°F - 195°F. Some people pull there belly a lot earlier, but I want it really tender! Finish the Burnt EndsPlace the cubes in the 1/2 aluminum pan. Season and toss the cubes with more Meat Church rub. Cover the cubes with Meat Mitch NAKED BBQ sauce. Drizzle Burleson’s honey across the top. Optionally, add the Apple Cherry Hab rib candy to taste. Finally, toss the cubes thoroughly to ensure they are completely covered. Return the pan (uncovered) to the smoker and cook for another hour or until all liquid has reduced and caramelized. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X