Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never sell your guns. problem solved!

Comment

Rango, I see you are new here and do not have the history of witnessing the amazing deeds and awesomeness of most of our TBH members. Yes, there are a few jerks who have jacked people around on transactions from the classifieds, but those bad deals are the minute exceptions.

I have had firearms purchased from TBHers that I have never met, picked up by TBHers that I have never met, and delivered to me. There have been countless examples of others who have enjoyed the same type of tranactions with strangers on here. This is not to say you shouldn't be careful, but if you check out the history of the person you are dealing with on here, you should be good to go. We do a fairly good job of self policing the deadbeats.

I would not hesitate to have a longstanding TBHer meet me at my house or place of business. Your hesitance is understanding, and frankly, your short tenure on here would be cause for must of us to proceed with caution until you have proven your trustworthiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Rango, I see you are new here and do not have the history of witnessing the amazing deeds and awesomeness of most of our TBH members. Yes, there are a few jerks who have jacked people around on transactions from the classifieds, but those bad deals are the minute exceptions.

I have had firearms purchased from TBHers that I have never met, picked up by TBHers that I have never met, and delivered to me. There have been countless examples of others who have enjoyed the same type of tranactions with strangers on here. This is not to say you shouldn't be careful, but if you check out the history of the person you are dealing with on here, you should be good to go. We do a fairly good job of self policing the deadbeats.

I would not hesitate to have a longstanding TBHer meet me at my house or place of business. Your hesitance is understanding, and frankly, your short tenure on here would be cause for must of us to proceed with caution until you have proven your trustworthiness.
        Spot on. We self-police each other pretty well around here. I’ve never EVER had a bad deal with a TBHer. Not to say it can’t/won’t happen...just not yet. I too, have sold firearms....err....ah....”goods” via TBH expresses to fellow TBHers I’ve yet to meet in person. Wouldn’t think twice about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Several inaccurate assumptions in threads like this.

Gary
          I don't see any assumptions in this thread.

Comment

Gary

What did I miss Gary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gary
              Maybe you'd like to enlighten us, by quoting said inaccurate assumptions?

Comment

i met nanny slayer a couple years ago for a deal and we meet in the waco police dept parking lot,,,, i was coming from beaumont area and her from dallas way,,,, no issues at all, she picked the location which was fine be me, we knew we were even on camera

Comment

Never sell a gun on TBH if you don’t have 30-45 minutes to talk after the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    i met nanny slayer a couple years ago for a deal and we meet in the waco police dept parking lot,,,, i was coming from beaumont area and her from dallas way,,,, no issues at all, she picked the location which was fine be me, we knew we were even on camera
                    Thank God that went well. Nanny Slayer and Nurse Jenn are two of the last TBHers you would want to cross. I am scared of both of 'em!.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Never sell a gun on TBH if you don’t have 30-45 minutes to talk after the sale.

True story.

Comment

I've met TBHers at Cabelas, Academy, gas station parking lots, my office, their office, my house and their house. I sent my secretary halfway across Texas to pick up a dog. I traded a guy in West Texas a guitar for a shotgun....had a third TBHer take the guitar from me to him and a fourth TBHer take the shotgun from him to me. I've paid for guns sight unseen and had them hold them for me for over a year, because I couldn't get to where he lived....finally had Moser go pick it up for me and it's still at his house. I'll get it eventually. I've paid for hunts I never took and donated hunts to others that I'd already paid for. I might get screwed on a deal one day, but the SOB that pulls it off will be sorry he did. THIS IS THE SAFEST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS IN THE WORLD, simply because nobody wants to be the one that gets called out for not handling business right. Self-policing is a helluva thing. Buy and Sell with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                          Maybe you'd like to enlighten us, by quoting said inaccurate assumptions?
                          I know of a couple of purchases by a guy who couldn't buy one at Academy or a gun shop. Not that he is a violent criminal but a mistake as a kid made him ineligible according to our anti 2nd amendment lawmakers.
                          He hunts and takes care of his family but don't act like every transaction is all legit.
                          However I've never felt taken advantage of by a TBHer and that is important.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                            So I'm used to this being done at an FFL, so the "where" was never an issue.

I see folks posting FTF only which i get but if I don't know you, you're not coming to my house.

Pulling guns out in a parking lot somewhere could get unwanted attention.

So WHERE?

I see lots of posts saying FTF, TDL and TCL only. Other that TCL how do you know that someone is not a prohibited person?

With the current events going on I got some Glocks and ammo of I bought during the last "panic" in Kalifornia. Never thought I be even able to break even but now I'm thinking of moving them so I can buy a different Toy.
                            Weighing the risk/hassle factor...

So how do you go about it?
                            You do not have to know if it is a prohibited person. FFLs have to run background checks, not the general public. In fact that is the so called, gun show loophole that anti-2A people like to bring up. You can sell face to face with no check.

The law says that you can’t sell to a person that you “know” or “have reasonable cause to believe” is prohibited from possessing a firearm.

If it is guy that you haven’t met before and he or someone else has told you that he is prohibited, you are good to go in my opinion. If it is your brother-in-law that just got out of 5 years in prison, you are going to have a tough time explaining that one if you are questioned.

This is from the ATF frequently asked questions webpage...

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law.....

This is the page for frequentl questions about unlicensed people:

Comment

I know of a couple of purchases by a guy who couldn't buy one at Academy or a gun shop. Not that he is a violent criminal but a mistake as a kid made him ineligible according to our anti 2nd amendment lawmakers.
                              He hunts and takes care of his family but don't act like every transaction is all legit.
                              However I've never felt taken advantage of by a TBHer and that is important.

Gary
                              Someone made an assumption related to this in this thread? No one "acted like every transaction is all legit."

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                Someone made an assumption related to this in this thread? No one "acted like every transaction is all legit."
                                I couldn’t figure that one either.

Some apparently convicted felon has illegally bought guns. Not sure what assumption that covered.....

Comment

Working...
                                X