Food plot seeds ordered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot seeds ordered...

I got an itchy trigger finger and went ahead and ordered seed for my deer plots for this spring/summer.

I ordered 5lbs each of Alyce clover and Joint vetch for a 1/2ac micro plot since @elgato swears by them.

I also went on green cover seed’s smart mix calculator and built an 11 way blend for my 2ac whitetail plot.

I am pumped to start habitat work on the family farm this year. Fannin county, on Blackland prairie soil.
    It has been in the family since the late 1800’s. It got my family through poverty, the Great Depression, 2 world wars, and 5 generations... it is time for the place to rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good. Where abouts in Fannin Co? I'm north of hg

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      Very good. Where abouts in Fannin Co? I'm north of hg

A little north of Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        A little north of Bailey.

Cool. Keep us posted on your plots and how they do

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          Cool. Keep us posted on your plots and how they do

I’m planning on filming and editing videos of the whole progression of the property over the next 8-10 years. I’ll start a dedicated thread and post them on it at that time. I’ll definitely finish out this thread with the year’s plots, though.

Comment

Excellent. Should be interesting

Comment

Good luck, I’ll be doing my first this year as well.

Comment

Everything has delivered except the upland game bird mix, which I will order in the next few weeks.

Now I just need May to be here!

Comment

Good luck, it is a shame you couldn't get a better deal with the seed company right in your own back yard.

MBS Seed is out of Denton.

Comment

Tried to use the site you posted but it won’t let me register. Guess I’m gonna have to go to Turner

Mbs prices aren’t very good

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                      Good luck, it is a shame you couldn't get a better deal with the seed company right in your own back yard.

MBS Seed is out of Denton.

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      Tried to use the site you posted but it won’t let me register. Guess I’m gonna have to go to Turner

Mbs prices aren’t very good

There’s no better game than Green Cover Seed if you want a custom mix. Their calculator takes your zip code, planting date, termination date, crop coming after, and top 3 goals to custom design options for you and adjust the percentages automatically.

The price is unbeatable as well.
                      I got 86lbs (for 2 acres) of 11 species shipped to my door for a total of 143.00

I would give them a call if you are having issues with their site, because it really is worth it.

Now, this won’t be a “magazine pretty” plot. I’ve got all kinds of heights, leaf shapes, root structures and such. I did manually put crease the peas and bean percentages in the mix so they would dominate some.

Comment

Working...
                      X