Fenix Flashlights- which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenix Flashlights- which one?

To piggy back off of the other thread, which Fenix handheld light do you recommend? There are numerous to choose from on their website. To be used mainly for hunting/camping/at the lease. I'd like to stay in the $60-$140 range. Thanks in advance!

Holiday Specials & Black Friday Deals for Fenix Flashlights, Headlamps, Lanterns, & Bike Lights from the Official Fenix Store in the USA. Fast & Free USA Shipping

This is the one I'm fixing to order. I am a big fan of Fenix lights. I had one for probably 10 years, and it survived being in a drawer full of flood water for 4 days after Harvey. I had it for 2 seasons after that, and it finally decided it had enough. The one above is detachable, so you can use it as a head light or a flash light. That is exactly what I'm looking for personally.

Comment

I just bought 3 of these. Yesterday I found 2 of mine welded shut from battery blow outs...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        I just bought 3 of these. Yesterday I found 2 of mine welded shut from battery blow outs...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        This one. Has been my go to truck light and pack light.

Comment

Fenix are the best. Their customer service is first rate too.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hm...able-headlamp/

This is the one I'm fixing to order. I am a big fan of Fenix lights. I had one for probably 10 years, and it survived being in a drawer full of flood water for 4 days after Harvey. I had it for 2 seasons after that, and it finally decided it had enough. The one above is detachable, so you can use it as a head light or a flash light. That is exactly what I'm looking for personally.
            I like that. My black diamond head light is 9 years old and getting picky about the button.

However, Im not sure I like the additional strap that goes over your head. I wear a cap 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I like that. My black diamond head light is 9 years old and getting picky about the button.

However, Im not sure I like the additional strap that goes over your head. I wear a cap 99% of the time.
              Woke Black Diamond supported BLM. fyi

Fenix is made in Chyna! I was fixin to buy one of them bastages too!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Like I said, bought it in 2013 before my last elk hunt. I dont remember the BLM crap back then.

Now go find a good rechargeable head light for 89 bucks thats made in the usa and report back

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Like I said, bought it in 2013 before my last elk hunt. I dont remember the BLM crap back then.

Now go find a good rechargeable head light for 89 bucks thats made in the usa and report back
                  Prolly cant be done, but I'll try to buy USA products when I can.

Looks like some models might be USA made!

DB went woke during the riots.....that was just an fyi. Your money
                  Last edited by Traildust; 09-29-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

So what do you use?

I’d change from fenix if I could find us

Comment

I give Fenix lights to my clients they are great.

I just got the PD25R that will be going in my hunting day pack. It is a great light (800 lumens) that is very small.

I also have a PD36R that is bigger so a little less convenient to carry but is 1600 lumens. Several of my clients have told me that it is their favorite light. I just got an email yesterday from Fenix saying that they have improved the PD36R making a Pro version that is 2800 lumens. I wish I had known about the pro version before I ordered a bunch more of the regular PD36R models.

So far I have not had any issues with them and they are bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        So what do you use?

I’d change from fenix if I could find us
                        Flashlights have been Streamlight polytac for the last few years

Headlights are Streamlight rechargeable and Petzl rechargable ( france>chyna )

**** shame we don't make anything here in the states anymore

**Edit.....looks like most of the rechargeable lights are made in chyna now....fmr!
                        Last edited by Traildust; 09-29-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

The Fenix flashlights in my hunting bag

PD36
                          PD35
                          HM60R Head Lamp
                          TK35UE - 5000 Lumens to light up the sky

Comment

I've got the hm65r
                            Its awesome. Have had it for years. Low setting is perfect for walking trails and roads at night and the high settings really light everything up.

Battery life is great as well

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a hm6 headlight. Fenix will send you a 20% code if you click a banner on the left. Guess my blm light will be a spare now

Comment

Working...
                              X