Peep or No Peep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep or No Peep

Been looking into shooting without a peep. Currently I have 3 solid anchor points. Wondering what obstacles/learning curve I should expect. I’ve thought about going with one of the IQ sights to give a 4th reference.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious as to how you get 3.

Comment

Making a drastic change this close to the season? Brave

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
        Just curious as to how you get 3.

Nose on string, kisser button, knuckle anchored behind jawbone.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
          Making a drastic change this close to the season? Brave

Not changing right now, plus my bow is in shop getting new limbs since the lower limb started delaminating this past weekend. May get it back half way through Oct.

Comment

I’m able to confidently run a peep less setup because 10 years ago this summer I installed an “anchor sight” after a couple poorly anchored shots that I couldn’t correct without some help. I can’t imagine using a compound without this thing now, ESPECIALLY in low light conditions or while nighttime hog hunting.

I felt it was a relevant area of interest. Hope it helps someone!

Comment

If it works don't change. I use a peep, string on the middle of my upper lip and a Carter 4 finger anchored in my jaw between the thumb and index finger. Do what you do best. I've been doing this since '88.

Comment

I will tell you that I started ignoring my bowmar nose button and I am shooting much better than ever before.

Comment

Anchor sight mentioned above is the way to go. I shot peepless for 10 years. Went back to a peep when I started shooting competition and wanted lense and clarifier.
                  You don’t have to lose peep to use it either. It’ll show the slightest difference in anchor, takes some patience setting it to your anchor. I recommend it to anyone struggling with inconsistencies as it’s a great training aide.

Comment

Peep or No Peep

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
                    I’m able to confidently run a peep less setup because 10 years ago this summer I installed an “anchor sight” after a couple poorly anchored shots that I couldn’t correct without some help. I can’t imagine using a compound without this thing now, ESPECIALLY in low light conditions or while nighttime hog hunting.

I felt it was a relevant area of interest. Hope it helps someone!

https://archeryinnovations.com/

This is not new. Back 20 years ago there was a product called no peep. I tried to get parts for one and the lady said they sold the company. Then IQ came out so I thought they bought it but maybe it was these guys. I loved mine because it showed the slightest torque on your bow. Great product idea but the one I bought was 29.99 not 180 bucks. Don’t think it is worth that. Anyone ever try a circular level.

Last edited by gtsticker; 04-24-2023, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X