Photographing Jupiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographing Jupiter

Did anyone try and photograph Jupiter last night. It's the closest its been in aver 50 years and won't be this close again for over 100. Look out into the east sky and it will be the brightest object in the night sky. We should be able to see it tonight as well. I tried photographing it last night on a whim. Last night I had my tripod with ball head and will be changing it to a gimbal head tonight. Sigma 150-600 @600mm with a 1.4 teleconverter = 840mm f5.6 1/100 ISO 100. The picture are cropped to the max and you can barely make out the stripes of Jupiter.

Hopefully you can still see the moons tonight. I wasn’t home last night hoping tonight I can still show the kids

Comment

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Could see the moons but could not see the bands.

Comment

I didn't last night but did when Jupiter and Saturn formed the "Christmas Star" as they called it back in December 2020. You can see a number of Jupiter's moons with good binos normally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JupSatconjunction_9_12-21-2020-53 levels rs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24693152

Click image for larger version

Name:	JupSatconjunction_9_12-21-2020-48 RS 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24693153

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill M;16422130]I didn't last night but did when Jupiter and Saturn formed the "Christmas Star" as they called it back in December 2020. You can see a number of Jupiter's moons with good binos normally.

That some good stuff Bill. I like that you can make out the rings of Saturn.

Comment

Thank y’all for the heads up on this. I was able to see 4 moons through the binos tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X