ISO Kids Go Kart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Kids Go Kart

They are 9 and 6 and are ready to run some laps on a go kart. Does anyone have any experience with the Coleman from Tractor Supply? Reviews are not good.

If you have one you are done with or have an opinion on a kart with suspension, please jump in and learn me. Thanks yall.

Cheers!

I bought my 2 youngest grandkids a Polaris Hammerhead about 2 months ago. Naturally after I bought it they started taking horseback riding lessons, go figure. It is a top of the line cart and even has adjustable drivers seat. You can also adjust the throttle for younger drivers as well. Very well built and is designed for offroad use.

Comment

Thanks Kerrbow. I will have to check those out. Looks like the Torpedo model would fit my kids now.

Comment

Shoot me a PM. I have a go cart that was running and now has been sitting. It’s a 2 seater. New I think it was $1200-$1400. Needs new carb and some TLC but if your up for a small project you can have it. Won’t take much at all to get going again.

Comment

I’ve got a 2 seater Yerf dog with a Honda motor the kids have outgrown. Haven’t run it in a while but I bet it starts on the first or second pull. I’d take $600 for it. Had gussets welded around the frame to sturdy it up some.

Comment

This weekend's researched provided results.....these things are expensive! There are also a ton of whipped rides that need a ton of attention. It seems that kids drive these and wreck em. Who knew. :0

Comment

Just built my boys (6 and 8) one from the ground up. Fun hobby for them to drive it and I love to tinker, fab, and build so it worked out good. Always something to add, change, or fix. I recommend a good torque converter and way bigger engine than your wife thinks they need. We have lots of hills and trees and that little clutch most of them come with doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                Just built my boys (6 and 8) one from the ground up. Fun hobby for them to drive it and I love to tinker, fab, and build so it worked out good. Always something to add, change, or fix. I recommend a good torque converter and way bigger engine than your wife thinks they need. We have lots of hills and trees and that little clutch most of them come with doesn't cut it.
                Where are you getting the parts? Got any pictures of your build?

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                  Where are you getting the parts? Got any pictures of your build?
                  I primarily bought my parts on BMIKarts.com
                  Good prices and usually fast shipping. I'll see if I've got a pic on my phone.

The engine I bought at HF. I used the 224cc Predator.

Comment

You should have pics OP!

Comment

Working...
                    X