**** hunting lake Buchanan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** hunting lake Buchanan

Ok so this has been a topic for my family for years. At what point on lake Buchanan can you duck hunt. I understand no lcra areas allow duck hunting but you can hunt the Colorado river. I have looked at maps and lcra doesn't show boundaries.

Anyways I would like to put this to rest with my brother. We have a lake house for the last 40 years and he always wants to take a trip up river but has no idea if its ok to hunt.

From my understanding from talking to one of the LCRA Rangers it’s illegal to hunt on the Highland Lakes as they are LCRA ran and managed.

Comment

Their must be line from lcra to colorado.

Comment

I am going to call them tomorrow or show up in their lobby.

Comment

Tpwd considers the boundary to be the 190 bridge but there is a lot of river between that and the lake. Curious what LCRA considers the boundary.
          Attached Files

Comment

So I have a friend that does some duck hunting a few miles up in the river. Never had any issues. River is pretty low now. Need to know how to run it. Lots up timber sticking out of the water.

Comment

Duck is on the swear list?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Duck is on the swear list?
                I think that he must have accidentally hit the letter to the right of the "d".

Comment

I believe LCRA jurisdiction ends at the mouth of the river. I think I read that somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post

Or maybe the letter to the right of the “u”????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some folks would go **** hunting at Partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        Some folks would go **** hunting at Partners.
                        I haven’t hunted it there. But I’ve had some good times. They are kinda fuzzy though and the granite O!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          I haven’t hunted it there. But I’ve had some good times. They are kinda fuzzy though and the granite O!

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                            Doesn’t hurt my feelings that there’s no **** hunters around when I’m out on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                              Doesn’t hurt my feelings that there’s no **** hunters around when I’m out on the water.
                              Well dfuuck a fduuck. Thats a great idea for date night. **** hunting my wife on the triptoon. Im gonna slay. I hope to miss you.

Dont get peppered.

Comment

Working...
                              X