Financial advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial advice?

Planning on make a big purchase ( land) in the next 3-5 years! Any recommendations where to put the money until I’ve reached my goal? I wanna be able to make a big one time deposit but also be able to put some into it monthly!

With how violate market is right now, high yield savings.

Comment

current 1 year cd's are 3.5%+ right now. Money market rates are getting up there as well. That's the best we have seen safe money rates in some time

Comment

CD's have been going up daily on Schwab One Source for CD's. I would wait until this next hike though.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
          current 1 year cd's are 3.5%+ right now. Money market rates are getting up there as well. That's the best we have seen safe money rates in some time
          where are you finding this rate? I am seeing rates <1% from most financial institutions currently

help a brother out?

Comment

I am in the same boat. I have been putting money monthly in a Vanguard Index fund, VTSAX. It was grooving along there nicely until FJB and Covid took over and I have gone backwards some. I still put money in there monthly like clockwork and trying to play the long(er) game.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
              where are you finding this rate? I am seeing rates <1% from most financial institutions currently

help a brother out?
              Scwab has some CD's they broker for 3.7% for 12 months right now. I can't take a screenshot because of Schwab policy and i'm leary of posting a picture of it.

You can sign up for a brokerage account, deposit money and do it all with the click of a mouse.

Comment

Edward Jones has 6 month CDs @3.5%

Comment

I'm sure most brokerages are close to the same rate. Here are what Schwab offers today.

1mo. 3mo. 6mo. 9mo. 1yr.
                  2.734 3.136 3.531 3.616 3.70

Comment

rates

They have been coming back up but even then we are still 6 percentage points below inflation
                    Sad sad time for this country!!!!!!!!!

its better than nothing though!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

Comment

Check some of your local credit unions as well as they pay dividends and will likely offer a lower interest rate when you purchase your land.

Comment

I need to check into some CDs. Just need to stop the bleeding right now.

Comment

Sorry but I never step outside of mutual funds.....

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                            Edward Jones has 6 month CDs @3.5%
                            I actually did this one last week and moved addtl money into a 12 month CD at 3.8%

Comment

Series I treasury bonds are yielding 9.62% through 10/31/22, and with the way inflation is going right now, I don't see that coming down too much when the new 6 month rate is released in November. Big negative is that you can only do $10,000 per SSN in your household per year. But, if you have a couple kids, that could be a pretty good chunk of change.

Edited to include link if you'd like more information.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv...bonds_ibuy.htm
                              Last edited by Saltyag15; 09-14-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X