New Bow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow Question

Alright so I just recently got my first bow from a friend of mine and took it to get tuned up (the whole works), new arrows, everything… and everyone keeps recommending me get rid of the whisker biscuit that came on it but at the same time I don’t want to drop $250 for an arrow rest.

What is a good budget arrow rest that y’all use? And how much did it run you?

I’ll post pictures of my bow for reference.
    Attached Files

QAD Ultra Rest has one for 69.99 Cabelas, I had one on my PSE, I liked it, google up budget arrow rests and go from there, do the reviews on them

Comment

Perhaps someone can weigh in with one that they like that is cheaper, but my 2 cents - if you're committed to bow hunting, save up for the arrow rest you'll want in the end. I have (or have thrown away) a bunch of cheap stuff (archery, backpacking, etc.) where I tried to limp into things because I didn't want to spend the money. The cheap stuff typically doesn't perform like you want it to and you end up buying the more expensive item in the end anyways.

Comment

Get a used Hamskea Hunter Hybrid Pro Micro. Go limb driven, you will not regret it.

Comment

Keep your eyes on the classifieds.

Comment

The qad is probably the best bet. There’s some other budget options but you can’t beat the lifetime warranty of the qad

Comment

Solid advice in several posts here. Like above, I would recommend the qad to start for the warranty and function with the bow you have in the pics.

I would steer clear of the knock offs of the qad and ripcord. The price on eBay and Amazon look great but they are not durable.

Comment

• Easy to Tune Drop-Away Rest • Cord Length Adjusted with a Push of the Thumb • Ensures Arrow Stays Fully Captured Throughout the Shot Cycle • Eliminates Fletching Contact • Will Work on Most Bows • Specify Right or Left Hand • Hunter Model Incorporates Velocity Drop-Away Rest Technology to Ensure Quiet Operation

This was my first fall away going from a biscuit back in the day. And last time I checked it’s still rockin

Comment

Ain’t nothing wrong with a whisker biscuit but a QAD Hunter is what you need.

Oh and buy it and have it installed at your local shop.

**** Amazon!

Comment

Normally I'd recommend a hamskea, but for your first bow there is zero wrong with that WB. Qad and limbdrivers are great replacements as well. The only one I'd avoid is a ripcord.

Comment

stick with the biscuit until you absolutely wear it out. Shot mine for years, never an issue. I don't see paying an extreme amount of money on sights and rests when the stuff you have will get you the same results, arrows down-field and bullseyes.
                      Last edited by tdwinklr; 09-11-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Ain’t nothing wrong with a whisker biscuit but a QAD Hunter is what you need.

Oh and buy it and have it installed at your local shop.

**** Amazon!

this

Comment

Not a fan of the whisker biscuit, only because of the way it connects to the bow. If you’re bumping your bow around or dragging it through brush, it can become loose and then your mocking point can become out of whack. Spend the money and buy a cheap QAD

Comment

keep the biscuit. there is nothing more reliable

Comment

Love my QAD, but I’d stick with the biscuits like others have said and practice! . It’ll work just fine! One day you’ll wanna upgrade and do it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X