Dove breast recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove breast recipes?

Other than the bacon wrapped poppers, anyone got anything good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poppers….OR

Cut off the breastbone and treat just like you would deer backstrap.

Cut off the bone and marinate in Italian dressing. Make kabobs with dove, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper and mushrooms … season liberally with uncle Chris or chupacabra. Grill on medium high until doves are mediumish

Follow a beef carne guisada recipe with deboned breasts

Comment

I learned this from my grandad. Wrap dove breast with bacon and jalapeños in the breast, cooked until bacon is crispy over mesquite coles. Take bacon off the dove, eat the bacon and give the dove to your dogs….he never liked doves.

I’ve chicken fried it like I do backstrap and like it that way.

Comment

Country fried, with homemade cream gravy from the drippings.

Comment

Sliced thin sautéed in garlic butter with some mushrooms throw it on top of a pile of mashed potatoes

Comment

Besides what was mentioned above, I tried this last year and although different, I liked it.

Every year around September, a local grocer gets a large shipment of Hatch chiles in and sets up a roasting cage in front of the store, fire roasting fresh preppers to order. Needless to say, I always buy a bunch. The smell of flame-charred peppers is one of the most intoxicating food aromas. As...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Country fried, with homemade cream gravy from the drippings.
              Yep.
              Bacon wrapped is a far second place to this.

Comment

Dove & Oyster Pie. The BOMB!

Comment

Cut each breast in half.
                  Soak in franks red hot.
                  Dredge in seasoned flour.
                  Fry.

Comment

Make kabobs with them.

Chicken fry.

Pan sear and make a mushroom sauce served over good rice.

Sear them quickly. Slice in chunks. Mix cheese, seasonings, mushrooms, and onions. Fill into a bell pepper. Put the pepper on the smoker/grill/oven cool till cheese is melted. Add some sour cream, Tabasco and enjoy.

Search them in a pan. Slice in strips. Add scrambled egg and serve on a tortilla for breakfast.

Chop them into small pieces. Add cream cheese and bread crumbs. Roll into balls. Bake, smoke, pan fry. Makes a tasty meatball for sandwiches. Season to your preference.

Sear again. Take whole breast Add mushrooms, cheese and sliced sweet pepper. Wrap in ham. Batter and deep fry. Dip into a sweet/spicy sauce. Sauce found in Asian food condiment section.

Sear them. Slice. Add finely shredded cabbage mix. Like for coleslaw. Throw the meat and cabbage mix together. Add bean sprouts. Add mushrooms. Add imitation crab chunks. Soy sauce. Teriyaki sauce. Oyster sauce. Onion. Cilantro Cook down to your veggie preference on texture. Makes a good stir fry. Take the stir fry. Wrap in egg roll wrappers. And fry. Makes a good egg roll

Salad. Greens of your choice. Apple slices. Dove cooked and then chilled. Cranberries. Nuts. Dressing of your choice. Dove Salad

Sear. Slice to chunks. This takes lots of birds. And should be held till deer season. 2 cans of stewed tomatoes. 1 can tomatoe sauce. 1 can of water from sauce can. 1 can of kidney beans drained. 1 can of corn drained. 1 packet of ranch seasoning. Favorite chili packet. 1 small can of tomatoes paste. Bring to boil. Simmer. Dove chili.

Sear. Slice to chunks. Onion. Mushrooms. Squash. Zucchini. Butter. Simmer. Season to liking. Add favorite bread. Me I like sourdough or rosemary bread. Slice bread. Put the above on the bread. Knife and fork. Pretty good.

Comment

Need more ideas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        Need more ideas!!

No just need more doves to try all the great suggestions

Thx for posting them

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          No just need more doves to try all the great suggestions
                          This ^^^

Comment

Duck Camp Dove Fajitas.

Used to do this during dove season on a big duck lease we were part of when we got together for work days prior to duck season.

Remove meat from breast. Marinade in Worcestershire sauce for 2-24 hours. Place breasts into hot skillet with some of the sauce. Add sliced up bell pepper, onion and mushroom. Add minced garlic. Stir fry until dove are cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in some pickled jalepenos during the cook if you like a little spice. Slap that mix into a flour tortilla and add guac, sour cream, shredded cheese, pico or whatever else you like with fajitas. I like some refried beans and wild rice added in with mine for more of a burrito type flair.

I'm all about the poppers but this is the other way I really like em. I suppose you could use a fajita marinade too if you wanted.

Comment

Working...
                            X