What happened to Ector, Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Ector, Texas?

Was highway 82 the main reason any growth went to Sherman and Denison? I hauled metal through there once and noticed a closed restaurant or two. There appeared to be plenty of houses in the central part of the town. It just seemed strange there not being many businesses there. Kind of got the feeling it may be tough for a business to survive there, depending on services offered.

Grew up in Savoy that is a stones throw from Ector. Same size when I joined the AF in 84’.

Comment

Burnadell and I still want to know what happened to Worksalot?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        Burnadell and I still want to know what happened to Worksalot?
        …and Katsaregood.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          …and Katsaregood.
          Yep, Just couldn’t remember that one at the moment.

Comment

[emoji849][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I lived in Bells the population was 614 and we had 12 graduating seniors one year. Claim to fame was Joe Brooks' Hamburgers, 7 burgers for a dollar.
              The year was 1958, Savoy and Ector were the only nearby towns smaller then Bells.
              Some of the old people still referred to Bells as Duganville back then. Bells is one of the oldest towns in Texas. I grew up in Bonham but moved to Bells in the 4th grade. Them was good old days back in the late 40's and 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
                Was highway 82 the main reason any growth went to Sherman and Denison? I hauled metal through there once and noticed a closed restaurant or two. There appeared to be plenty of houses in the central part of the town. It just seemed strange there not being many businesses there. Kind of got the feeling it may be tough for a business to survive there, depending on services offered.
                what's the question? All the towns in that area are the same.

The real question is, why doesn't Bonham have any meaningful businesses on 82 (Home Depot, Lowe's, WalMart, etc etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  When I lived in Bells the population was 614 and we had 12 graduating seniors one year. Claim to fame was Joe Brooks' Hamburgers, 7 burgers for a dollar.
                  The year was 1958, Savoy and Ector were the only nearby towns smaller then Bells.
                  Some of the old people still referred to Bells as Duganville back then. Bells is one of the oldest towns in Texas. I grew up in Bonham but moved to Bells in the 4th grade. Them was good old days back in the late 40's and 50's.
                  We are probably closer to 2k now. Savoy and Ector have been the same my whole life. Those burgers were the greatest thing ever.
                  Last edited by Graysonhogs; 08-22-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
                    Sherman is leaving Denison in their dust.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      what's the question? All the towns in that area are the same.

The real question is, why doesn't Bonham have any meaningful businesses on 82 (Home Depot, Lowe's, WalMart, etc etc.)
                      They focused on the 121 to 56 strip. It's steadily getting developed. I don't think it supports a home depot or lowe's and I don't think 82 frontage would matter. I'd rather hit fix n feed anyway.

Comment

Y’all are getting off the main question in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          They focused on the 121 to 56 strip. It's steadily getting developed. I don't think it supports a home depot or lowe's and I don't think 82 frontage would matter. I'd rather hit fix n feed anyway.
                          No, that strip only supports more junk like Williams Chicken and apartments. Why wouldn't front 82 frontage help? The access roads are already there.
                          Developing 121 to 56 is done anyway, put something on a REAL highway!

Comment

Is the sale barn still there?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              No, that strip only supports more junk like Williams Chicken and apartments. Why wouldn't front 82 frontage help? The access roads are already there.
                              Developing 121 to 56 is done anyway, put something on a REAL highway!

You’re not supporting a Lowe’s or Home Depot. Walmart and TSC are a haf mile off the highways. I’d just as soon nothing goes in on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X