Beautiful Knife Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Knife Work

I made a post a month or two ago seeing if any of the resident green screen knife makers wanted to take on a project for me. Long story short, I hired a local guy to make 13 skinning knives for my groomsmen and ushers in my wedding. I got burned and bad. It took me filing a report with the local sheriff's department and I didn't get my money back but got the "knives" he had made me. They looked like something that I would have made in shop class. I reached out to see if anyone on the greenscreen thought they could fix them. I had several people reach out and said it would be better just to start all over and get new knives built.

I was bummed, but wanted my buddies to have something they could keep for a lifetime and be proud of. About that time I got a message from Mr. Whiskers on here and he told me to reach out to his dad, Glenn Mitchell. Glenn builds knives and also has a facebook page called Lonestar Knives & Outdoor Life. I started talking with Glenn and sent him what I was envisioning. He told me he could make that happen and we agreed on a price. Glenn kept in touch with me every step of the way and last week I went and met with him in Houston to pick up the finished products. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. I am actually kicking myself in the rear that I didn't get one made for myself. I know there are many knifemakers on here and I have seen their beautiful work. I want to add Glenn Mitchell to that list. He was such a pleasure to work with and I already have him starting on another project for me. I'm attaching some pics below of a couple of the knives he made for my guys.
    Attached Files

Well dadgum, he even remembered to put their initials on em'! Glad everything worked out for ya, I remember reading about your unfortunate custom order a while back

Comment

Sucks you had to go through that! Those are some beautiful knives though

Comment

Those look nice!! Great work.

Comment

Really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow! He did an awesome job!
            Really like the blade style.

Comment

Wow!!! That is some real fantastic work.

Comment

Great outcome Sir and the knives look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                  Wow! He did an awesome job!
                  Really like the blade style.
                  Yeah that sharp finger style and Damascus

Comment

Dang, those are nice....heck of a gift.

Comment

Wow!! I am jealous!!

Comment

Holy smokes. Those are freaking awesome.

Comment

Coolest knives I have ever seen. I bet Mr. Glenn is fixen to get very busy.

Comment

I figured my Dad would hook you up sir. Glad everything worked out for you.

Comment

Man that is a great looking knife and love the sharpfinger style blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X