Been a good dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a good dog.

Adopted her 14 years ago from the local shelter. A week ago she started to lose her appetite and took her to the vet today. She has a mass in her liver. They gave her some meds to try and stimulate her appetite and it may be helping a bit but really its just a stop gap to keep her going a little longer. I won't let her suffer if she starts to go down hill, but for now at least she still seems like herself. Going to be tough as she has been my constant companion.

Prayers up for ya.

Comment

She's a beautiful girl.

Comment

it’s awful. Hate that for you.

Comment

Beautiful pup. I’m glad you’re committed to doing the right thing when time comes. It’s never easy and I hate that for you but we owe it to them. Enjoy the time you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkL9PoOABPE"]"Just a Dog" - Baxter loses a friend." - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That's a tough thing. Enjoy her while you can.

Comment

Oh that’s rough
                Nothing like a rescue dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just when you think you were doing them a favor by adopting them, you realize, what they give to you could NEVER be repaid.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    Just when you think you were doing them a favor by adopting them, you realize, what they give to you could NEVER be repaid.
                    This X’s 1,000.

Comment

Feeling your pain. They ask for so little but give so much.

Comment

Good dogs are better than most humans.

Comment

������������ One of the if not hardest decisions I’ve had to make.

Comment

Art, I hope and pray the best for you and your wife. It's never been easy for me.

I had to put my last one down just before July 4th . She was 14.5 yoa. I'm not gonna have another. I've had some kind of gun dog(s) for the last 35+ years. And it's time I take a new direction. I still look to the fence or feel something's a miss when I get home sometimes. Guess it's gonna take a little time. But I've got some great memories the Lord has blessed me with .

Comment

I hate that for you. We just lost our dog unexpectedly and I thought I was going to get grief counseling for the family, myself included. Our youngest daughter will be a senior in high school so I don’t think we will have another. Prayers for strength and comfort.

Comment

Working...
                              X