Port Aransas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Aransas

Anyone have any reports or advice for fishing from the jetties? I’m taking the kids down next week but this is the earliest in the year I have gone. Usually go in June or July. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Kids are fired up to catch something.

Still a little cool but the black drum should be on the channel side. Be careful with the kids. It can be slippery on those rocks. And it will be a zoo with spring break.

Comment

You can catch about anything off the jetties.

Comment

Up

Comment

Use fish bites or dead shrimp and fish the surf on the bottom for whiting and pompanos. May catch a hardhead or two also!

Comment

My buddy really got into the sheepshead on live shrimp.

Comment

Pomps are pretty much gone. But live shrimp on a lemon rig should catch plenty of sheephead. When water is good jetties always have trout and reds.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Pomps are pretty much gone. But live shrimp on a lemon rig should catch plenty of sheephead. When water is good jetties always have trout and reds.
                Best bet , if you can get bait.

Comment

Take lots of terminal gear. The fish are close to the rocks and you will lose some tackle.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Fish with as light of weight as possible and as mentioned, take live shrimp.

Comment

Is there anywhere to fish at night that has underwater lights there?

Comment

Originally posted by amcalister04 View Post
                          Is there anywhere to fish at night that has underwater lights there?
                          I haven't been but I've heard the new Rockport pier is real nice and lighted.

Comment

If you have a kayak, you can fish the lights at houses in the subdivisions.

Comment

Horace Caldwell pier has lights but not underwater. I believe Rockport has a pier with underwater lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X