Carpal Tunnel surgery? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpal Tunnel surgery? Anyone?

Having both hands (wrists) done in a few weeks. How was it? Any bad/good experiences afterwards? Thanks.

My wife has had both done. Surgery is very short. Follow rehab schedule and you will be back in no time.

Comment

I had it done on my dominant hand at age 28 and was back to work in a week, once the incision healed. Nothing to it and haven't had a bit of trouble since.

Comment

Good to hear. Thanks guys.

Comment

had my dominant hand done 5 years ago. learn to like frozen peas, and dont eat at taco bell. its hard to do business when your hands are wrapped up. invest in a Bidea or ask the better half to help you with your business. aside from that, listen to do and dont list and take a slow recovery, ie do not lift anything until you are healed.

Comment

Had both done. Left wrist went well and was back to work in two weeks.
            Right wrist, I waited too long to get it done and when I woke up from surgery my hand was dead. Completely useless. No feeling whatsoever and couldn’t move it. The doctor was very good and did nothing wrong but the nerves had been constricted for so long that when he cut the band, the nerves went into shock. It took four months before I started to get any feeling and a full year before I got the complete use of my hand back. Not trying to worry you any just letting you know stuff happens. To this day the right hand is not as strong as the left.
            But now my hands are great.

Comment

Both carpal and ulnar on both sides.

Easy surgery,

Comment

Bobby, you doing the laparoscopic treatment, right? No long incision??

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Bobby, you doing the laparoscopic treatment, right? No long incision??
                  Yessir. He said it'll take about 6 minutes on each hand

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Yessir. He said it'll take about 6 minutes on each hand
                    Long surgery is same way. I was shooting my bow in ten days. In fact went on mule deer back pack hunt 12 days afterwards.

The ulnar is a little more intrusive, but also not bad.

I will say it’s instantaneous relief. You don’t realize how bad your hands where until after the release. On the long the palm is sore for a three weeks but not bad, like I said, was shooting(griping) my bow in 10 days.
                    Last edited by Texans42; 03-02-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Your lucky things have changed, had mine done 40 years ago, was down a few months

God Bless
                      Bish
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had it bad in both hands. Dr would only do one at a time. He did my left hand first, and after the surgery my right hand never bothered me again. Not sure why, but the surgery went well, very easy, no more pain. It was the best surgery I’ve ever had done as far as getting some relief from the pain. It got to where I couldn’t get comfortable enough to sleep due to the pain in my hands and arms.
                        Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Piece a cake.

Comment

Both wrist were bothering me a little bit, my right was a little worse off. I had it done on my right hand only. I regret doing it. After some lifestyle changes, I quickly realized that my food intake and inflammation had more to do with my nerve pain than anything. It's been about 6 years and I still feel similar pains in my left and right wrists when I eat poorly, when I sit at my desk for too long, and when I use hammers and screw drivers for more than a couple of hours.

Of course I don't know your situation and I'm not saying that you'll regret it. But I wanted to give you my experience.

Comment

Had both wrists done last winter, was 100% worth it and would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X