Cribbage, anyone play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cribbage, anyone play?

My son and I made some custom cribbage boards over the weekend and taught ourselves how to play.

It was fun. Took a little time to figure it out and still have some questions, but overall was able to play a couple games.
    Attached Files

My wife and I just started playing again, she grew up in N Dakota and I lived in Minnesota for 20 years . It is a staple up there. If there were 2 people sitting around it was usually over a cribbage board, if there were 4 we were playing Pinnochle. At deer camp the old guys played one or the other all waking hours that they were not in stand.

Comment

Those boards are cool. Great job with the CNC!

My dad made this one for me several years ago from an old mule deer shed he picked up in Colorado back in the 70s. He made himself one with the other shed. He found the set.

I've had it on a shelf here in my office for years. I'm gonna take it home so I can actually use it.

Comment

15-2, 15-4 and the rest don’t score. Heck yeah, my whole family plays.

I taught a classmate freshman year of college - we had just over 1500 games in by the end of the year.

Comment

Those are some great looking boards.
          Wish I could post a pic of the one my daughter made me for Christmas.
          Cribbage is a great game, been playing for around 50 years. I learned from my grandparents and we spent many hours playing. Great times.
          Is hard to find people around here that know the game but have taught a few so do get an occasional game.

Comment

Our go to game for on the beach

Comment

@shane - that's a pretty awesome and unique board! We make all kinds of cool stuff on this bad boy! Check out @howlingsawdust on FB and Instagram for pictures of past projects.

@rjet - Thank you. We use locally sourced mesquite and pecan for almost everything we make off.

Comment

My dad taught me as a teenager and been playing for over 50 years. Here is a sweet schrimshaw board made on a whale tooth. Pretty tight to play on though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cribbage board walrus tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24677216

Hogboy
                Last edited by Leonhogboy; 02-09-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X