Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm sent

Comment

Yes….MrCTom…old paint does need to be stripped before top coating.

Ive used Lowes’ Seal-Krete Epoxy seal and it lasted a decade or so.

My PPG store manager said they used the Breakthrough line for painting their store floor and its lasted about a decade. Ive never used it.

Personally I dont like epoxied or painted concrete garage floors because when it gets a spill of some sort…its been slicker than snot and a bigger safety hazard than without.

Clear spills seem harder to see too when the floor is painted. Another safety concern for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Yes….MrCTom…old paint does need to be stripped before top coating.

Ive used Lowes’ Seal-Krete Epoxy seal and it lasted a decade or so.

My PPG store manager said they used the Breakthrough line for painting their store floor and its lasted about a decade. Ive never used it.

Personally I dont like epoxied or painted concrete garage floors because when it gets a spill of some sort…its been slicker than snot and a bigger safety hazard than without.

Clear spills seem harder to see too when the floor is painted. Another safety concern for me.
        I know what you mean about the slick floor.
        Thats why I used less flakes and also applied a non skid to it. Kinda of like a sugar coating. Helps with the floor being slick.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
          Check out LS Concrete Coatings. They use a polyurea and polyespartic concrete coating. It literally grows roots into the concrete. It's not cheap but it has a limited lifetime warranty and is 4x stronger that epoxy floors. Tell them Chase sent you for a discount. This stuff lasts up to 20yrs
          Getting a quote tomorrow!

Got another group I found on Google with 4.8 stars and if I remember correctly, 500+ ratings.

Really appreciate all the advice folks. Thank you.

Comment

Went with Chase's recommendation, LS Concrete. They did an excellent job. And for once in my life, my garage is organized. I bet I can change that in a week.

Comment

Pic

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great!!!

Comment

Looks great!

Care to share how much it cost to have it done?

Comment

My epoxy floor took 3 days in Dec of '02. Contractor and I placed it together. Zero peel-ups and our SUV and Truck are inside and on it all day. I hot mop it every Spring to make it sparkle again. $3/sqft

2 neighbors have the HD self application routes. All peeled up by second year where tires sit and traffic areas. Will be a lot more steps to remove and clean it for right product

I may just tile my garage on next house.

Comment

Thank you thank you.

DaveC it was $2700, but that was with the "I know a former employee," and cash discounts. Another quote i got was $2500, but honestly if the salesman was any representation of their work, I would not have been happy. Seth with LS Conecrete was great to work with.

Comment

This

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                        Have it professionally done. Polyaspartic coating is the way to go
                        THIS! It is a great system and looks good too.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          Pic

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Turned out good CTOM

If anyone else decides to get their garage, front, back porch, sidewalk basically anything that's concrete, let me know and I'll give them a heads up. You can use my name to get a discount as well.

Comment

Thank you thank you.

DaveC it was $2700, but that was with the "I know a former employee," and cash discounts. Another quote i got was $2500, but honestly if the salesman was any representation of their work, I would not have been happy. Seth with LS Conecrete was great to work with.
                            Excellent, and worth every penny- looks clean.

I think I'll stick with my custom oil splotched montage for now.

Each stain tells a story of a missed oilpan or failure to extract oil filter in the prefect fashion.
                            I'll leave rewriting my homes history to the next owners.

For now, unless I get a wild hair.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              Excellent, and worth every penny- looks clean.

I think I'll stick with my custom oil splotched montage for now.

Each stain tells a story of a missed oilpan or failure to extract oil filter in the prefect fashion.
                              I'll leave rewriting my homes history to the next owners.

For now, unless I get a wild hair.
                              Thank you. I made sure that the color matched all my 10mm sockets before I signed the contract. they will all soon be gone forever.

Comment

Thank you. I made sure that the color matched all my 10mm sockets before I signed the contract. they will all soon be gone forever.
                                That's the truth. Looks great

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X