F250 alarm keeps going off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 alarm keeps going off

Tonight is the second time this has happened in 3 nights. First time alarm went off at 2:15 am which sent me into protection mode. Then again at 2:35 same night.

Tonight at 12:55 am alarm goes off and gets me all amped up. Turned it off and 5 minutes later does it again. Check cameras and nothing.

Jumped on google and the number one cause was a flying insect on inside of truck. I go back out sit in the passenger seat with door open and a freaking moth lands on the interior led light. A quarter sized moth. He met his maker and I figured I would share for any of you that experience this.

Now I am wide awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely you didn't use too big of a caliber on that poor little moth. Lol😁. Sounds like a rough couple of nights.

Comment

Mine started this act a few weeks ago, I switched it to perimeter only monitoring.

I don't quite understand having both- how do you get past the perimeter to cause motion in the cab?

If their is a moth in mine hopefully he's dead by now.

Comment

Open and shut all doors. Mine did the same and although I wasnt getting a door ajar warning, it stopped it.
        Last edited by WTN; 09-22-2022, 06:27 AM.

Comment

LOL, a friend has a new F250, and his kept going off. Turned out it was the 5th wheel plug going bad in the bed of the truck thanks to living in the rust belt. Apparently a known issue.

Glad yours was just a moth!

Comment

I despise those alarms on the newer models, but they didn’t give me a choice. If they would only stay where you put them and not revert when you kill the truck and restart it they would be ok. I’m sure lots of guys like them but I haven’t noticed thefts of F 250s slacking off because of alarms. Nobody pays any attention to them anyway unless it’s in your driveway in the middle of the night. I have to reset mine every time I get out if I leave my dog in the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              Tonight is the second time this has happened in 3 nights. First time alarm went off at 2:15 am which sent me into protection mode. Then again at 2:35 same night.

Tonight at 12:55 am alarm goes off and gets me all amped up. Turned it off and 5 minutes later does it again. Check cameras and nothing.

Jumped on google and the number one cause was a flying insect on inside of truck. I go back out sit in the passenger seat with door open and a freaking moth lands on the interior led light. A quarter sized moth. He met his maker and I figured I would share for any of you that experience this.

Now I am wide awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I was about to tell you it was a moth lol I’ve had it happen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                I was about to tell you it was a moth lol I’ve had it happen as well.
                Me too

Comment

Flying insect somewhere in the truck. Happened to me. The sensors are that sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                  X