Gun Question for the experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Question for the experts

Just got passed Down to me Winchester 1860 repeater rifle. The gun is in pretty good condition and from poking around the internet, appears to be pretty valuable. Can anyone confirm on here how valuable this rifle is? Also, what is the best place in San Antonio or surrounding areas to get an appraisal done? Thanks!

I would try Dury’s Guns.

Comment

That's no different than asking what a 1969 camaro is worth...it's all about being original & the condition of how it left the factory compared to how it sits today. The caliber & other options offered can add huge value offerings.

You can go to proofhouse & at least look up the s/n to see when she was born...I'm sure SA has 2-3 options for checking value & would hit every one for cross reference & would also avoid the hard push to buy it from you.

Comment

There was no lever gun bearing the Winchester name until 1866. The forerunner of the Winchester lever actions was known as a Henry and it was a .44 caliber rimfire. You need to know a lot more about the gun before you can determine a value.

Comment

Working...
        X