No announcement yet.

What Is A Beautiful Life To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess in a way that's kind of a double sided question. That's like asking a bunch of guys what a beautiful woman is. A lot of guys would put up a picture of their wife. Your answers are going to vary depending on who's answering the question. For me I look at life like this. Be happy with how far you've come to get to this point. But never get comfortable with where you're at. Because better is out there. If you get comfortable with where you're are right now you'll never achieve what you want to or get what you want out of life. Some people are happy with that. I'd rather live life to its fullest potential. Because the fact of the matter is we only get one shot at this life. Once our world goes black that's it. There ain't a second chance. We can talk about going to heaven and God and all that jazz but what about right now? I ain't gonna get to that point and find out there ain't no God or heaven and be disappointed. I live my life like time is my enemy because once my world goes black that's all there was to it. Because the reality of it is that might be the case.
    Last edited by okrattler; 09-18-2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I’m going with okrattler on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im living it!

Comment

I wake up to it every morning! Work is exactly whatever the hell I want it to be every day, for only the people I like working for. My smokin' hot wife likes me and I like her. Kids are all healthy and well. I have a relationship with my Maker.

Every day is like being on a really good vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I guess in a way that's kind of a double sided question. That's like asking a bunch of guys what a beautiful woman is. A lot of guys would put up a picture of their wife. Your answers are going to vary depending on who's answering the question. For me I look at life like this. Be happy with how far you've come to get to this point. But never get comfortable with where you're at. Because better is out there. If you get comfortable with where you're are right now you'll never achieve what you want to or get what you want out of life. Some people are happy with that. I'd rather live life to its fullest potential. Because the fact of the matter is we only get one shot at this life. Once our world goes black that's it. There ain't a second chance. We can talk about going to heaven and God and all that jazz but what about right now? I ain't gonna get to that point and find out there ain't no God or heaven and be disappointed. I live my life like time is my enemy because once my world goes black that's all there was to it. Because the reality of it is that might be the case.
            I agree with most of this, but I don't really want much more than I need. Already got it pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I woke up to it this morning.
              This.. but knowing tomorrow is not guaranteed and making today the best you can. Making sure when you leave this life, you will have been a good parent and spouse and helped others to do the same.

Comment

Some pretty good stuff so far

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                  One that ends with, "well done my good and faithful servant"

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                  This! That question could not be answered any better.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am now 68 years old. When you get to this age you start to reflect about the past and what lies ahead for the future. Some thoughts about the future are frightening, but you just have to accept that it is part of the life cycle.

I have been blessed and very fortunate over the years. At many times I have felt successful and at other times I have felt like a failure. I am sure many people experience these same feelings.

In reality I have been able to accomplish a great deal thru my career in the construction industry and through our work in archery.

No matter who you are or what you have done during your lifetime these things hold true......

Memories will fade, titles will lose importance, people will forget, money will get spent. Accomplishments and accolades will become ancient history.

From Matthew, Chapter 6.

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there is where the desires of your heart will also be."

My treasures are my wife, our family, our friends, our farm in Iowa, and our faith in Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of great answers, and I would just add that finding your true purpose(s), meaning the purpose God has for your life and the reason he created you, and choosing to exercise that purpose in your daily life. Your purpose(s) might change as the seasons of life change, but the adventure/challenge is to follow God during every season of life and ask him to guide you as you seek to determine his purpose for your life. Life is not always easy, and happiness is really an emotion, but joy is something deeper, really a state of mind. With God's help I can choose joy even in the painful or difficult seasons of life. So to answer the original question, I would say a beautiful life is one where I am blessed by God to experience some of the wonderful things he has created, and being content with those blessings. Being able to still see the beauty of his creation, to know the love of my wife, my children, and grand children, along with financial stability and good health. I know any of these wonderful things can change so I try not to take them for granted, because we are all just one phone call away from being brought to our knees. That is why trusting God to guide me is so important, because he knows what I will face before I experience it, and as hard as some of those things will be, I know he can sustain me during those times and give me a perspective to see things through his eyes, and not my own. Just a slightly different way of looking at life, but I am truly grateful for all that I have been given and experienced, and hope I have many more years on this earth to continue my journey. In the end, when my body has taken its last breath, I want to see Jesus and have him say, as someone else has already stated, "Well done my good and faithful servant." I know that the life I will experience after this one will be the most beautiful of all. I hope none of you take my thoughts as preaching, as I am still a broken man and a continual work in progress. I have experienced my share of pain and hardship, and I know there will be more to come, but I choose to trust God, even when I can't track him or understand why I am experiencing something difficult. Sometimes I get the answer to my "why's" later on down the road, and sometimes I don't.
                      Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 09-19-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I live the dream and am blessed.

2 healthy kids, wife, 2 jobs, and can hunt whenever I want and 20 mins from my house

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          I am now 68 years old. When you get to this age you start to reflect about the past and what lies ahead for the future. Some thoughts about the future are frightening, but you just have to accept that it is part of the life cycle.

I have been blessed and very fortunate over the years. At many times I have felt successful and at other times I have felt like a failure. I am sure many people experience these same feelings.

In reality I have been able to accomplish a great deal thru my career in the construction industry and through our work in archery.

No matter who you are or what you have done during your lifetime these things hold true......

Memories will fade, titles will lose importance, people will forget, money will get spent. Accomplishments and accolades will become ancient history.

From Matthew, Chapter 6.

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there is where the desires of your heart will also be."

My treasures are my wife, our family, our friends, our farm in Iowa, and our faith in Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          ^For the win. "Retirement" is a relatively new concept in the grand scheme of it all. Nobody should stress about it to the point of robbing themselves of life while they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            One that ends with, "well done my good and faithful servant"

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                            100% no doubt

Comment

Man, last time I checked, I was made by my mom and dad. Lol

Comment

It looks like a roller coaster - slow spots, fast runs, ups, downs, twists and turns. It is the good, the bad, the ugly, the rain, the sun, the darkness and the light. Like a beautiful picture, it has color and dark spots, busy and soft spots.

and like Rolylane6 said - it ends with "well done my good and faithful servant"

Comment

Working...
                                X