Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
    Magic struck twice. Archery deer in dec. General deer in Jan. Haters gonna hate. Sry!
    Go ahead and start shopping freezers! Congrats! I can't wait until I get to run through that place with a rifle

Comment

I added a new guy to my card this year that’s never applied down there. Thinking that may be the ticket to getting picked

Comment

I added a new guy to my card this year that’s never applied down there. Thinking that may be the ticket to getting picked

Newbs always get drawn. What was your group points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boom shock a locka!
          Gus in Oct
          LA archery in Dec
          LA gun in Jan

Stupid excited!

Comment

Got selected for LA NWR General deer 12/2-12/4!!

Comment

Struck twice here as well.
              General 12/9-12/11
              Archery 01/06-01/10

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                Newbs always get drawn. What was your group points?

Not many. Added spoiled Tn boy this year he was archery last year. We were drawn LA general deer 4 years ago. We’ve never applied for archery

Comment

I drew Laguna rifle 11/18-20. Looking forward to following this thread this season and adding in how my hunt goes.

Comment

I’m curious, what did he teach me?

Well the "killing tree" comes to mind first. Not knocking ya for it, everybody seeks advice and help for hunts there. I've had some as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      Well the "killing tree" comes to mind first. Not knocking ya for it, everybody seeks advice and help for hunts there. I've had some as well.
                      What is "the killing tree" so we can learn as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post

If he told you all my harvest came from a single “killing tree”, believe what he said.[emoji28] Anyone can go back on old threads and see photos and differentiate at least 4 different trees I’ve taken 5 different animals from. So there’s that.[emoji849]

I know you’re not knocking me any, over your 4 years of being there how many animals have you taken at LANWR archery hunts?[emoji2958]

I research, study, prepare, plan and just flat out give it my all with all my hunts. Proof is in the puddin. I suggest to all hunters at LANWR to heavily do their homework. Relying on what other hunters experience and say is meaningless to me. That’s their experience and not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                          What is "the killing tree" so we can learn as well?

@Txfire409 is in the know, I think everyone should go to that “killing tree”. Dozens of hunters will go with confidence on each hunt period, all to be blundered by more hunters- killing time.

@txoutdoorsman24- remember in 2019 there was a guy on a small mini ebike following our hunt party around on scouting day. Every time we came out of the brush, there he was. How ironic?! I recall saying that he was following us around. That was @Txfire409 wasn’t it? Was that you @Txfire409?

Comment

@Txfire409 is in the know, I think everyone should go to that “killing tree”. Dozens of hunters will go with confidence on each hunt period, all to be blundered by more hunters- killing time.

@txoutdoorsman24- remember in 2019 there was a guy on a small mini ebike following our hunt party around on scouting day. Every time we came out of the brush, there he was. How ironic?! I recall saying that he was following us around. That was @Txfire409 wasn’t it? Was that you @Txfire409?

I’m pretty sure I remember someone :. Now of it was Txfire409, I don’t know. I do remember that year when the two guys set up a tripod in a “spot” that we had already set up. They were waiting for us on the road when we came out

Comment

I drew the general gun deer for November 18th-20th. I already booked a room at the Port Isla Inn.

I have seen tons of recommendations about ebikes or bikes with the attached carts to get further into the place. Is this something that is really necessary? From what I have read, it sounds like you have pretty good access, just park and walk into the brush. I hunted Powderhorn last year so I know what to expect as far as marshy terrain, thick oak Mott and mesquite.

I have an Academy game cart and plan to use that.

I was drawn solo, so if anyone wants to work together, I'm all ears.

Comment

If he told you all my harvest came from a single “killing tree”, believe what he said.[emoji28] Anyone can go back on old threads and see photos and differentiate at least 4 different trees I’ve taken 5 different animals from. So there’s that.[emoji849]

I know you’re not knocking me any, over your 4 years of being there how many animals have you taken at LANWR archery hunts?[emoji2958]

I research, study, prepare, plan and just flat out give it my all with all my hunts. Proof is in the puddin. I suggest to all hunters at LANWR to heavily do their homework. Relying on what other hunters experience and say is meaningless to me. That’s their experience and not mine.

Nobody told me all your kills came from any one spot. I've just been told that a good bit of information has been shared with you.

This will be my fifth year there but my sixth hunt in total. All have been archery except one. I have passed on numerous animals because I am there for either a nilgai (of either sex) or a trophy buck. I get to hunt other places so I get to be picky at lanwr. I flung an arrow at a mature cow two years ago but missed but I did hit two mature trophy bucks there each of which I was not able to make a recovery on. On the one rifle hunt I shot a very large mature bull but again could not make a recovery. Guess I'm just not as lucky as you.

Comment

Working...
                                X