Rangefinder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder Question

I gave my grandson my old Nikon unit and need a new one. I have old eyes and deal with macular degeneration in my shooting eye. I have just recently picked a rifle back up and need one with a decent range.(400 yds or so). A thread from last year touted the Sig Kilo but the reviews said the number display was small. One with larger display and maybe lighted would be best, I would guess. Recommendations for someone like me? Not looking to break the bank since I am in the twilight of my hunting career, but something with decent warranty that when I pass it on kids can deal with it.

I’ve had a Kilo 1200 for years and never found the numbers to be small. That said, there could have been a change in the newer ones I’m not aware of.

Comment

Cannot believe how many different models there are these days. Some brands have models close in price and features as well.

Comment

I got a sig kilo for the red numbers/letters. Much easier to see in low light for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          I got a sig kilo for the red numbers/letters. Much easier to see in low light for me.
          May have to demo one somewhere, thanks.

Comment

I have the Kilo with red and the numbers are fine for my 53 year old eyes with glasses and with a slight cataract.

Comment

Sig and Vortex have red reticle and numbers, lots easier to see in low light

Comment

“I gave my grandson my old rangefinder so now I HAVE to buy a new one”……..great scheme, I will try that with my 3 day old granddaughter. LOL !!! I have looked thru my buddies Sig and numbers/reticle are very easy to read.

Comment

Just got a kilo and the red is pretty bright and easy to see.

Comment

Keep in mind rangefinders are electronics so they aren't going to last like optics or firearms. I'm a fan of Leupold. I have the rx-650 from years ago that still works for me that I use predominantly in a bow blind. I mostly use my rx-1600. the 1600 has a red display and large numbers and cross hairs, works great in low light. I'd play with a few to see what you like.

Comment

Maven,

I love mine!!!

The Maven RF.1 represents our elite range finder, delivered for a fraction of comparable rangefinders’ costs.

Comment

I have a vortex. Illuminated reticle, easy to see. Various price points and lifetime warranty, no questions.

Comment

I have the Sig Kilo and a BDX scope that it pairs up with. I'm a fan.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will try to find a store with several brands and see what will work for me the best. If I was a young man I would probably do the high dollar binos with the built in rangefinder. I get shots every 6 weeks in my retina on my right eye so if it does not stop the degeneration I might have to go to being a lefty. Thanks again.

Comment

The Sig Kilo is the best one in its price range. Super fast readings and scan time and the red display is plenty large enough and bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X