No announcement yet.

PSA: Tablitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always called these Kalbi ribs or Korean short ribs. I make my own marinade with Yoshida's, soy sauce, pineapple chunks, green onions, black pepper and ginger. HOT grill for a minute or two per side. Yes, they used to be REALLY cheap and I'd do about 5-7 pounds of them at BBQ parties back in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
      We always called these Kalbi ribs or Korean short ribs. I make my own marinade with Yoshida's, soy sauce, pineapple chunks, green onions, black pepper and ginger. HOT grill for a minute or two per side. Yes, they used to be REALLY cheap and I'd do about 5-7 pounds of them at BBQ parties back in the 90's.
      Sounds great. I've done flank steaks in similar marinade.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
        I bought 3 pounds last night. First time for us. This may be the best beer drinking food on the planet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Yep, you’re hooked now. Best finger food there is.

Comment

Never heard of them. Stopping by La Azteca in Denton next time I go to farm.

Comment

I can tell you that they are cheaper than marinated fajitas at La Michuacana. Marinated fajitas are now $8.99 a pound. I'll bet they will never be less than that again even after all this mess is over.

Comment

I bought some marinated ones after reading this...darn good!!!

Comment

La Michocana 59

O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have an El Rancho near you, you might go and check to see if they have tablitas on sale. The one near me has them for $4.48 a pound.

I can't attest to their quality but I think I tried them a couple of years ago and didn't care for them cause they were cut way too thin.

I did pick up some marinated fajita for $4.28 a pound. Not as good as La Michuacana but half the price. I typically have to clean these up a bit and add a little seasoning.
                  Attached Files

Comment

had to pay $6.29... grrrr

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to drive the price up. Did some wings yesterday and grabbed a pack of 3. (Just me and the wife). Love these dang things. Perfect finger food.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          Sorry to drive the price up. Did some wings yesterday and grabbed a pack of 3. (Just me and the wife). Love these dang things. Perfect finger food.

What did you pay?

Comment

I'm confused. I thought the purpose of hunting was to kill enough venison so you don't have to buy meat at the store ��

Comment

Originally posted by PeePaw on Fork View Post
                              I'm confused. I thought the purpose of hunting was to kill enough venison so you don't have to buy meat at the store ��
                              Who told you that? They told me it was to drink cold beer and watch football whilst having no phone reception

I do love those little expensive pieces of bone with tiny bites of meat around them, marinated in heavenly meat juice.

Comment

Cleaning lady here at work said the last time (and she meant last time) she bought tablitas they were almost $9/lb.

Comment

Working...
                                X