• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool deal Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
      I’m ready also! Spring was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Y'all have better lookin bobcats down there I think. Y'all get more of the ones that are real spotted up and pretty. Ours ain't a lot of times

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff Dog View Post
        Cool deal Thanks!
        No problem. You can't go wrong with any of those in my opinion.

Comment

Yesterday on the way home from work, I was going down 46, around Seguin, almost to 123. There is a pasture on the left, the guy has cattle in the pasture, that's all I can remember being in that pasture. Yesterday, I saw numerous small critters in the pasture at 7:00 PM, tried to think what those might be. Then after I got past the small opening that you can see up into that pasture, I realized those were not livestock, they were coyotes. So I turned around went back, sure enough there was a good sized group of coyotes. When I stopped to look at them, some of them decided it was time to clear the area. That basically spread them out, I was able to count seven of them, six were typical light colored coyotes, but one was dark colored, black. If that was my place I would be having a field day shooting coyotes. I have not seen that many in one group in a while.

Farther down 46, back near 725, on the property next to where they just built a new subdivision, I see coyotes all the time in that pasture, late morning, just out for a stroll, with the cattle. I wonder how many cats and dogs the new neighborhood next door loses weekly.

We have very few coyotes where we are, the few we have never yip, bark, or howl, they don't make a sound, ever. Did not think we had any in the area, but I get them on camera maybe once a month, to ever other month, but never seen one in person.

I would sure love to have a place to hunt coyotes, they are fun to hunt.

Comment

Been hearing the coyotes sing at night last few times up at the ranch. Hoping winter doesn't hit hard with lots of snow right off the bat.
            Bobcats should be worth a little bit again this year so we'll trap as many as we can til snow keeps us out.
            Coyote market is bout done I think so they will get skinned only if nice and we'll get them tanned to sell.

We don't call much but may this year do to numbers we are seeing and hearing.
            Good luck gentlemen !

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Y'all have better lookin bobcats down there I think. Y'all get more of the ones that are real spotted up and pretty. Ours ain't a lot of times

Man and I honestly kill just as many bobcats as I do coyotes down here. Some days I’ll hunt and kill more cats. My most is 7 in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                Man and I honestly kill just as many bobcats as I do coyotes down here. Some days I’ll hunt and kill more cats. My most is 7 in a day.

That's wild. I may call in 30 coyote or more before I ever see a bobcat. But of course there are places I can go where I'm more likely to call in a cat but most times a coyote will beat it to the call even in those spots. I don't shoot near as many as I do coyotes for sure.

My buddy and I saw two coyotes last night. One we actually thought was a bobcat the way it was acting and because of its size. We saw eyes shining in the road up ahead so he slowed down and I called out bobcat but as we got closer we had to come to a complete stop because he was just standing there. This years pup, just getting big enough to be out away from its mother I reckon. It wasn't a very smart one. 9 miles down the road we see a full grown one trot across the road. It was a lot smarter than the first one. It stepped it up a gear as we got closer.

Comment

Most of the time I'd rather predator hunt than deer hunt. Haven't done either in a long time.
                  I've driven past the spot I called my first coyote, several times recently. Everything around me is being developed.
                  It's crazy to drive by neighborhoods and remember what I've hunted there in decades past.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                    Most of the time I'd rather predator hunt than deer hunt. Haven't done either in a long time.
                    I've driven past the spot I called my first coyote, several times recently. Everything around me is being developed.
                    It's crazy to drive by neighborhoods and remember what I've hunted there in decades past.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    Oh I'd for sure rather predator hunt than just about anything else. I go deer huntin with my buddy because I enjoy watching him shoot more than I care to shoot. It means a lot more to him. I go deer huntin so I can look for coyotes and bobcats. My buddy is in a wheelchair so he needs someone to come along to help load up a deer if he gets one. Which is fine by me. It's fun but shooting a deer doesn't get my blood pumping like seeing a coyote come to a call.

Comment

Seen two coyotes this evening. One was really dumb acting. Which is good cause I can hunt where they were and there's a calling contest coming up in November. I could use all the dumb ones I can get.

That one that was with it sure didn't seem dumb. It didn't waste no time leaving.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 09-28-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Saw one that had mange bad today out by my buddies house. He was a ways off in that field and all I had was a .17HMR with me or I'd have tried to get it shot. Wouldn't have done no good at that distance. Needed my 22-250.

Comment

Been hearing 3-4 different groups around my place.

Might just have to set out early one morning and see if I can get one to respond.

Comment

I want to take a coyote with my bow so bad. I have had a chanceand miss judged the distance, sailed it over his back.

Comment

Go get em! Rub some rabbits pee on that hat to get em in super close!!! (Just kidding) it doesn’t need more scent

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                                Go get em! Rub some rabbits pee on that hat to get em in super close!!! (Just kidding) it doesn’t need more scent
                                Lol It ought to smell just like nature by now. I'd like to think it plays a part in any success I have. Probably not but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X