300 black out success stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
    Dont have a pistol but you can consider the round the modern day version of the 30-30
    Pretty much. When the caliber started becoming popular, and there were good and bad, more bad than good stories about the caliber, as far as how well it worked on game. I looked it up in my reloading manuals and found it is virtually identical to my 30-30 loads, for my T/C Contender pistols, with 14" barrels.

What I noticed in the early days of the caliber was many guys were trying to use bullets intended for 308s and 30-06s, those bullets wont' expand for crap, at the 300 BO velocities. If you choose the right bullets the round should be very deadly, my 30-30 Contenders were very deadly. Well beyond 100 yards. Just need a light enough, think jacketed bullet, and they will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
      True. We were hunting pigs and yotes. This guy came out and it all worked out for my daughter. Won't happen again.

After going back and reading it, that didn’t come out like I meant it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        Killed lots of pigs and a few deer, mostly within 100yds with the 110gr Barnes. Never lost an animal. Don’t really use it for rifle blind hunting though.

This one was 220lbs and about 175yds if I remember correctly. Right at the base of the skull DRT.

This deer was about 130yds and also DRT.

Some good looking animals. What kind of suppressor are you running? I’m looking at all kinds right now. I think I’ll end up swapping the hand guard the rifle comes with for something that extends the barrel 2-4” so I can have the suppressor inside the guard. No reason other than it looks awesome lol. Thinking I’ll need something with a 1.5” OD or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
          I don’t personally know anyone who has a 300BLK that doesn’t have a suppressor. The real draw to it is the suppressed subsonic load side of the house. If you don’t have a suppressor and are just shooting supers, you might as well just shoot a 308.
          I bought mine for the reduced recoil while still having knockdown power, especially for my kids. 308 has alot more kick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_legend View Post
            What distance for the shots?
            30-80yds

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              After going back and reading it, that didn’t come out like I meant it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I didn't take it bad. Your observation was 100% accurate. I shouldn't have let my daughter shoot a whitetail with varmint rounds. I just thought it would perform better. I've shot #200 hogs with it and it hammers them. Figured it would do the same on a whitetail. Wrong. I'll make sure I get some of the 110 Barnes Paul mentioned in case we ever want to shoot deer with it.
              There is a reason I shoot all my deer with a bow. I suck at rifle hunting!
              Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
                Dont have a pistol but you can consider the round the modern day version of the 30-30
                Use the right bullet and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                  Gonna disagree. It's not subsonic quiet but even supers are reduced significantly with zero recoil.
                  Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                  I bought mine for the reduced recoil while still having knockdown power, especially for my kids. 308 has alot more kick to it.
                  Your right, I guess you’d have to source the reduced recoil loads to be in the same ballpark, and as well all know being picky on ammo choices right now may not work out in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Some good looking animals. What kind of suppressor are you running? I’m looking at all kinds right now. I think I’ll end up swapping the hand guard the rifle comes with for something that extends the barrel 2-4” so I can have the suppressor inside the guard. No reason other than it looks awesome lol. Thinking I’ll need something with a 1.5” OD or less

That's a YHM Phantom LT. I've got 2 more I need to go pick up, and I might change the hand guard out as I dont like the quad rail. Finding one big enough to go over the suppressor was a challenge if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                      That's a YHM Phantom LT. I've got 2 more I need to go pick up, and I might change the hand guard out as I dont like the quad rail. Finding one big enough to go over the suppressor was a challenge if I remember right.

It is. Seems like for that set up you need something 1.5” or smaller.

Comment

Shot a bunch of pigs with a ruger ranch 300blkout was kinda disappointed used Winchester deerseason xp , Hornady sst, barns (did the best) and a couple other brands I don't remember. all we would get good pass through hits and good blood for and 50 yards then it would go to drops and gone within 80 yards, all side shots under 100 yards. Out of the 20‐30 pigs we shot we only found about 10-15 of them. the ones we found were 100lbs and under sold it and got a 7.62x39 in ruger ranch and have better results with it. My buddy still loves his and has killed both pigs and deer with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X