X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Heavenly Home

Our Heavenly Home
    Revelation 21:22-27
    As enjoyable as traveling may be, most of us would admit to having a sense of security and delight upon arriving back home. There's just something comforting about opening the door, seeing familiar things, and feeling we're where we belong.
    The apostle John was given a vision that included glimpses inside our future home, the new Jerusalem. You may be surprised to know that some things from our old abode will be missing. But what replaces them will be infinitely better.
    For one thing, there were no church buildings in John's vision, "for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple" (Rev. 21:22). No longer will denominations divide up the body of Christ. Nor will the sun or moon shine on the city in that day, "for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb" (v. 23). Imagine--no need for electricity, flashlights, or candles.
    One other difference is that the city gates will always be open. Since sin will not be a factor, locks will be unnecessary in our heavenly home. Death and decay will also be absent. In fact, nothing impure will ever enter that future residence--utter holiness will characterize the heavenly place, and suffering will be a thing of the past. What we have to look forward to is the abundant life in Christ, pure and unmarred.
    Think about the comfortable feeling you have as you open your front door. That's but a hint of what we'll feel some day on arriving at the place our Father has lovingly and personally prepared for us in heaven. We will finally--and permanently--be "at home" in a way that defies description.
    Dr. Stanley

Amen

Comment

Amen Bro Bill

Comment

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Thank you Bro Bill

Comment

Amen!!!!!!!!

I think about Heaven all the time and our loved ones that have gone before us.
              Whether HE takes me home or HIS second coming…My heart longs for the day that I get to see our Lord and Savior face to face.

This world is not my home I’m just passing through.

Comment

Amen Bro Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                  Amen!!!!!!!!

Whether HE takes me home or HIS second coming…My heart longs for the day that I get to see our Lord and Savior face to face.

Amen Brandon.

Comment

Happy place !

Comment

Thanks brother Bill for sharing.. The thought of eternity in Heaven is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane in this idiotic, crazy world.....

Brandon(Bone Thug)nailed it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                        Amen!!!!!!!!

Amen

Comment

My wife is already there waiting for my arrival.

Comment

Thanks Bro Bill. I really needed to read that tonight. You other gentlemen are spot on too.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Working...
                              X