No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Hunter Brown was prematurely pulled from his start tonight. I wonder if this means JV to the IL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I heard Hunter Brown was prematurely pulled from his start tonight. I wonder if this means JV to the IL?

Meyers was sent down For JJ Matajavik..

Hunter Brown and Yainer Diaz are being called up on the September 1st call ups. Brown has been making appearances out of the pen recently. Diaz was a throw in on the straw trade and has been mashing.

Comment

Comment

Yes JV will hit the IL. Hence Brown coming up

Curious if he will start or be in pen doing what Javier did, as Javy prolly goes back into rotation

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Yes JV will hit the IL. Hence Brown coming up

Curious if he will start or be in pen doing what Javier did, as Javy prolly goes back into rotation

Brown was slated to start but was pulled and came in as a relief pitcher later in the game. He is coming up on Sept 1st so there is zero correlation to JV needing to go on the il or not like I was thinking.

If JV does find his way to the il, I definitely think Javier rejoins the rotation and Brown is in the pen to serve the same role Javier would have, ie, multi inning relief.

Astros just need to be healthy for the first round of the playoffs. They are currently up 4 games over the stankies for best record in the AL and own the tie breaker.

Comment

Brown was also inserted in the middle of an inning to get him some experience for that kind of thing out of the pen.

Comment

If JV does find his way to the il, I definitely think Javier rejoins the rotation and Brown is in the pen to serve the same role Javier would have, ie, multi inning relief.
                Not seeing details yet but did just see a report where he's heading to the IL. It looks like this scenario is going to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Brown was also inserted in the middle of an inning to get him some experience for that kind of thing out of the pen.

Yes! We need bull pen help lol

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                    Not seeing details yet but did just see a report where he's heading to the IL. It looks like this scenario is going to play out.

Yes. Beilack has been added to the team and Brown moved to the taxi squad for the road trip. Sept 1 brown will be on the big league roster.

Comment

Batting practice already ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Altuve goes yard. 2-0 good guys.

Comment

Valdez 50 pitches in and 5 innings. Give me another Framber/urquidy and send mr.upton accident prone ace packing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Angel Hernandez may be the worst ump in the bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                              Agreed, but the boys overcame. And just for fun, whether the 'Stros win or lose in October, it's been fun owning the Yankees for a while.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSz2DsMy5yc"]ASTROS HUMILIATE THE YANKEES!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                may be ?

He has been the worst for years

Comment

Working...
                                X