Unreal Hunting/Fishing Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Hunting/Fishing Stories

Growing up at the deer lease as a kid I heard my grandpa, dad, and all their friends tell some crazy exaggerated hunting stories that were sometimes unbelievable. The older I get, after spending hours and hours hunting and fishing and witnessing some crazy things, I think back to those stories and just wonder how close to the truth they were... I thought I would start a thread for people to tell their story. The story that starts with "You're not going to believe this but..."

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

first doe I killed with a bow, arrow clipped a branch and 5-ringed her...just above the jaw and below the ear, drt!

biggest rainbow trout i ever caught in my life, i was 10 and my cast went over a big branch on a sycamore tree on the elk river in tennessee. The second the rooster tail hit the water the trout blew it up. I had to reel the trout up about 15 feet in the air over the branch, then the fish fell 15 feet to the water. Wish we'd have had smart phones back then, woiuldve made a great video.

Comment

Never let the truth get in the way of a good campfire story.

Comment

I was fishing in a little 10’ Jon boat behind my grandparents when I was a teenager. This is on a private 50 acre lake that is overstocked with bass and crappie. I was fishing with a blue Berkeley Power Worm when the line got snagged on something. I started pulling on it when suddenly my rod shot down into the water!! That Zebco 33 was NOT happy with whatever was on the other end of the line. The boat started moving when SNAP! The line broke. To this day I have no idea what it was that I was hooked on to.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad use to scuba dive every chance he got. He swears to this day he was near the dam (horrible place to scuba dive) and saw multiple catfish bigger than him. He's 6ft 4. I've never been completely convinced. His story has never wavered over the last 30yrs. This was in Belton and Stillhouse Lakes.

I was hunting one weekend. It was SLOW. Not much activity. I heard something tearing through the brush. Crashing! Lots of commotion. I have my gun ready to shoot a P&Y DEER. Out of the brush comes a Doe running full speed. And 3 dogs chasing her. Not one of the dogs barking. They were in a dead sprint. About as quick as they came through they were gone. While walking back to the truck my friend comes up from the opposite side of the property. Saying you're never gonna believe this!!?? I said what, 3 dogs chasing a doe? His look was priceless.

Comment

You’re not going to believe this but I shot myself with my pistol when a javelina attacked me after “playing dead” lol. Shot a javelina with my bow at about 10 yards, blood everywhere he went about 20 yards and “died” I waited about 30 minutes hoping for the buck I was after to come out.. right at dark I went to pick this javelina up and was watching some deer on the ridge with the sunset in the background and I was standing above the javelina when out of the corner of my eye it jumps up charging me, chopping its jaws (if you know the sound, you’ve been close enough to them before).. drawed my pistol as I was running backwards and ran into the corner post of my feeder pin and fell on the ground. This javelina got on top of me and I was pushing it off with my boot as I shot twice.. still don’t know how I got myself, but think it went through him and then it went through my phone and into my leg. Had to walk about half a mile back to the truck and then had to drive across our entire ranch about 13,000 acres to pick up my brother from his deer blind. Tried to get him to get the bullet out, but he wouldn’t do it.. so off to the hospital we went lol. For whatever reason that day I switched my hollow points out and put fmjs in. Doctor said I most likely saved my leg by doing that.

Comment

Had my one pin sight settled in at 20 yards once on a doe. After I drew she jumped out to about 35 yards. I aimed just above her back and let it fly. She ducked the arrow and spun to run away from it. It went right over her shoulder and got her in the back of the head. She was DRT.

Two older gentlemen I grew up hunting with once told and confirmed each other's story. They were hunting at their old lease and one of them wife shot a buck. She and her husband went to see her kill and when they got to it it started to move. As it got up the husband stuck the deer in the neck with a large knife. Deer ran off and died. Once retrieved allegedly it was the only p&y or b&c to be killed with a knife. Not my story...I just remember hearing it lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

There's been so many once in a lifetime outdoor encounters videoed and posted online I owe apologies to several old guys from stories told years ago. They may have been spinning yarn but now I really don't know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw Bigfoot!

Comment

MadHatter delivers. Going to be tough to top Sasquatch fellas..

Comment

20 years ago you would've said yea right stop lying https://twitter.com/manoj_naandi/sta...es-a-selfie%2F

Comment

I know a guy that's really good at drinking Keystone that tells me one every time I see him. One time he had a mountain lion on his porch. The game warden came out and set a trap and caught a bobcat. He tells some crazy stories. I don't even remember them all. He's always seeing something. Might not be what he thought he saw but he seen something.

Said he shot a coyote at 1/2 a mile last Winter. Told me he shot it right at the center pivot at such and such. Which is 1/4 of a mile because I know exactly where that is. And no he didn't. That guy's always so drunk he'd be seeing two coyotes if he looked at one through his scope at 100 yards.

Comment

The only thing I can think that I've done that was totally by accident was while bowfishin. Saw a carp and went to draw and my fingers slipped off the string. The arrow more or less lobbed feet from the boat. I pulled up a beer can I hit at the bottom of the lake. My buddies were dyin laughing. I thought it was a pretty good shot. Just doing my part to save the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              My dad use to scuba dive every chance he got. He swears to this day he was near the dam (horrible place to scuba dive) and saw multiple catfish bigger than him. He's 6ft 4. I've never been completely convinced. His story has never wavered over the last 30yrs. This was in Belton and Stillhouse Lakes.
                              I've heard that about every lake I've ever fished, and always by the dam. Sounds like I need to go to the dam store for some dam bait, try to catch a dam fish. [emoji16] All in fun

Originally posted by BC288 View Post
                              Had my one pin sight settled in at 20 yards once on a doe. After I drew she jumped out to about 35 yards. I aimed just above her back and let it fly. She ducked the arrow and spun to run away from it. It went right over her shoulder and got her in the back of the head. She was DRT.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
                              First deer I ever shot at did the same thing. Hit him at the base of antler, sounded like a shotgun went off. Curled my broadhead. He died of old age.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X