2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Thinking about pulling out my cucumber plants and planting some green beans in their spot. It's about 15' with a 6' tall fence trellis. Any tips or advice on how/what to plant and the best place to get seeds?
    Anyone have any other advice or tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Anyone have any other advice or tips?
      I wish I had some advice for you. I bought a huge variety pack of assorted veggies that came with two types of beans. I got them in the ground in July and only 1 of the varieties have taken off.

Comment

Mines been dead and gone for a month !
        Drought kicked our butt even while watering every other day.
        Hoping for better luck next year.

Comment

It is absolutely unreal what has happened in the past 2 to 3 weeks. I spread out rock phosphate around fruiting peppers and a general 20-20-20 around everything else. That coupled with the rain the past 8 days and I have a fruiting garden again. The growth is spectacular. Today was my first day out there in a while. I took the 20 minutes of sunlight I had and trimmed up the foliage and harvest more okra and eggplants than I have all summer. Unreal! I hope everyone else is having a good time too with this rain.

Comment

I've been just trying to keep stuff alive, waiting for this rain and cooler weather. We'll see if it paid off.

Comment

Green beans went in the ground over the weekend. Cukes came up a few days ago(may or may not get any). Peppers look great and starting to flower heavy once again(mine always do better in the fall). Have a couple of tomato plants left that we will see if they make or not, not expecting much. The volunteer watermelons are doing great. Picked the first one last week and it's pretty good. I haven't planted watermelons in 5 years and they just keep coming back lol.

Comment

I know this is primarily a vegetable gardening thread but as beautiful as this is I have to share. my aunt plants her flower garden every year… She does an amazing job IMHO; here is the pic
                Attached Files

Comment

Will deer eat the leaves off a pepper plant? The leaves on my two pepper plants are disappearing and they aren’t on the ground around them. No leaves are missing on my blackberry or tomato plants. Could it be an insect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Will deer eat the leaves off a pepper plant? The leaves on my two pepper plants are disappearing and they aren’t on the ground around them. No leaves are missing on my blackberry or tomato plants. Could it be an insect?

Horn worms would be my guess. Picked one off of one of my shi****os just yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Horn worms would be my guess. Picked one off of one of my shi****os just yesterday.

Ok thanks. I’ll look them over again and see if I can find the culprit. I never had the bother anything but my tomatoes.

Comment

Ok thanks. I’ll look them over again and see if I can find the culprit. I never had the bother anything but my tomatoes.

They hit my tomatoes in the spring and peppers in the fall.....I'm assuming because I rarely have fall tomatoes

Comment

I know it isn't the ideal time to be planting tomatoes, but I was hoping I got them in early enough for a fall crop. Given the drop in Temps and rain, I am hopeful I timed it well.

I went to Oklahoma this past weekend and when I got back, it looked like some of my tomatoes and my beans in the garden across had been ate up. Am I right about a pest vs a disease? I sprayed sevin but then of course it rained when it was not supposed to. I may come back tomorrow and spray again if it looks clear.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            I know it isn't the ideal time to be planting tomatoes, but I was hoping I got them in early enough for a fall crop. Given the drop in Temps and rain, I am hopeful I timed it well.

I went to Oklahoma this past weekend and when I got back, it looked like some of my tomatoes and my beans in the garden across had been ate up. Am I right about a pest vs a disease? I sprayed sevin but then of course it rained when it was not supposed to. I may come back tomorrow and spray again if it looks clear.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
                            Looks like bugs to me.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                              Looks like bugs to me.
                              The war is on!

Any chance my beans come back?

Comment

Yes and so will rabbits.

Comment

Working...
                                X