No announcement yet.

Operator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom was an operator for 25 years. Crazy thing was a few times i used it and she would say Kirby why do you need that number? And amazing how many numbers she had stuck in her head. you mention a name of a business around Ft. Hood and she knew it

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      Most do not have a clue what a party line is. We are ageing ourselves here...
      Oh we had one of those as well.......all the wonderful things these kids missed out on

Comment

It can remember in the big city of Weldon you only needed the last four numbers unless you were calling from out of town.

Comment

When phone numbers started with a word beginning with letters from the first 2 digits

And the mile long pay phone banks in large airports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Party lines and extended phone cords made life amazing
            Ha! Oh the irony. My wife and kids are STILL connected to the wall half the time now...trying to keep it charged!lol

Oh the days of party lines and knowing who was always snooping in on everybody. "Hang up the phone Aunt Tessie"!...click!

Comment

My ERA was rockies jeans!!
              Boy howdy, those were the days...make an azz look like an apple!

Comment

Waaaaaaay back in the 90s. I was a kid. I flew on continental airlines to see my dad and stepmom. When I landed. They were not at the gate. I waited for close to an hour. I had cash. Got a milk shake then collect called them. No answer. I bought a burger. And a coke. They showed up shortly after. I was good I had the essentials. I can't remember why they were late. But I was happy.
                If you were a kid in the 90's, a lot of this stuff was before your time. Girls were rocking the hip hugger navy bells and halter tops and we were wearing Dingo boots back in the 60's. You could also go down to the gas station and drain the pump hoses for mini bike gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  If you were a kid in the 90's, a lot of this stuff was before your time. Girls were rocking the hip hugger navy bells and halter tops and we were wearing Dingo boots back in the 60's. You could also go down to the gas station and drain the pump hoses for mini bike gas.

Lmmfao
                  That’s how we filled our dirt bikes[emoji23]

Comment

I remember all of that. Then... they broke up Maw Bell

When your call was about to run out of time it would even tell you how much more money to drop in to extend it.

I have lived through the 60's until now. The 70's are still my all time favorite. Great cars, appliances, clothes, music, food, styles, and a much nicer country.

Best thing ever was no cell phones, social media, and or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                      Lmmfao
                      That’s how we filled our dirt bikes[emoji23]

You could grind off the ridge around the edge of a penny and it would work for a dime in the gas station coke machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        I remember all of that. Then... they broke up Maw Bell

When your call was about to run out of time it would even tell you how much more money to drop in to extend it.

I have lived through the 60's until now. The 70's are still my all time favorite. Great cars, appliances, clothes, music, food, styles, and a much nicer country.

Best thing ever was no cell phones, social media, and or internet.
                        Yep, the 70's were great!

Comment

Party lines

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I'm old.

Comment

Remember dialing the number for time and temperature?

Or for information like a phone number or address?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                Remember dialing the number for time and temperature?

Or for information like a phone number or address?

1-411. Southwestern Bell charged .25 for that in the 80’s and my Dad said money didn’t grow on trees and there’s a phone book right there next to the Rolodex.

Comment

Working...
                                X