No announcement yet.

Bill, no longer from San Jose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool Randy. Glad you got to visit Bill. Those views are incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Safeway? I had all but forgot about them. Used to be abundant down here.

The wildlife you have coming by would always keep me entertained. And hope the time with the grandkids is a wonderful one.

We’re taking them to a stocked pond for fishing and to the town pool to swim. I killed another rattler on the road (RAMd it to death) and put it in the freezer so we can skin and stretch it. I’m thinking about a project and think getting my grandson a cowboy hat (hey- he was born in Montana) and making a rattler band for it. Hopefully something he’ll always remember. Kinda like the Chris LeDoux song This Cowboy’s Hat.

Comment

That sounds like a cool time with the grandkids! And he gets to learn something in the process.

Comment

Bill, you are living the dream. GORGEOUS property! Thanks for sharing. I hope to one day visit any part of Montana for a few days. Maybe eventually, I'll be in a position to sell here and move up there.

Comment

This is great!! Gorgeous home!

Comment

Thank you. There are ‘benefits’ too. I’m hunting pronghorns (archery opened yesterday) on an alfalfa pivot 5 miles from home. Montana Block Management program to hunt private land- for free.

Trying to get within archery range of speed goats with tennis ball sized eyeballs is almost impossible. But it’s great to be outdoors- no mosquitos here.

Comment

Good luck on the speedboats, Bill!

Comment

I saw a buck in a group of 30 or more. So big and old his belly hing down. When they’d all run for no reason he’d go about 10 strides then stop like he was thinking “where the **** are they running to?”.

I think if I bring my ground blind I can set up on the trail .

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Good luck on the speedboats, Bill!
                    SpeedGOATS!!!

Comment

Bill, no longer from San Jose

10 hours in a ground blind yesterday.

And after watching a big buck at 75 yards forever working his way towards me, when I decided to take a 60 yarder- he must have seen movement and took iff and I flung a 30 yard Hail Mary arrow over him as he ran by the next window out of the field.

Bowhunting them before the rut is challenging. Sure beats working!

Comment

That setup looks great…like a boulder. Git em!

Comment

The 2 large, solo pronghorn bucks both were eying the ground blind when they were 100+ yards away upwind from me in the pivot.

Crazy animals, they saw something different next to the boulder.

To be continued.

Comment

Did you leave the blind out? Can you put a corn feeder up in Montana?

Comment

Gorgeous place.

Comment

No feeders- it’s considered baiting which is illegal. It’s legal to hunt at a food source like an alfalfa pivot.

Comment

Working...
                                X