Oilfield disability benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
    If your pitch to potential employers is half as convoluted as this thread then I wouldn't put your chance of success very high. I've worked with people who could make pouring a glass of water a complicated task and this thread reminds of that type.
    Sounds like my assistant. She's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
      Sounds like my assistant. She's the best.
      She better be hot then.

Comment

I’ve read this twice in an effort to understand exactly what you are asking and wanting to accomplish….. I’m lost

The cannabis users are more productive employees comment……. Please explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your goal is to challenge the current O&G drug policies, you’re completely wasting your time. I’ve been in the oilfield business for 29 years and I’ve seen first hand on location and on the road what drugs and alcohol can lead to. It’s a tough life and we’re a wild bunch so we do need policies that help most of us stay safe out there.

If your real passion is cannabis, get in the cannabis business if it’s legal in NM. My younger brother is a grower in California and has made a killing.
          Last edited by EZ-10RANCH; 08-16-2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

This thread is not about your question. It is about a 50 year Angelina county boy raised by a Baptist minister. I’m a proud Christian stoner. My father preached a lot of fear when I was young. I don’t know where he got those ideas from but he was trained a someplace in Tyler. He changed his direction to less fear and more compassion when he started getting into his thirty’s. Once I became disabled with my respiratory issues I was able to talk to my father about it he was fine with it.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            You failed to answer my question.

If your goal is to change policy then you coulda just said that. Oil and Gas has these rules for a reason. I wish you luck challenging OSHA/MSHA and DOT. You’ll lose that battle on this front in a bad way.

I’ve been doing natural gas stuff for 12+ years. While I have nothing against someone smoking pot, I most certainly do not want them in my facility when I need to be able to count on them to make critical decisions. That’ll get someone killed.

There’s many other sectors that do not drug test. Find one. Go to work. Get off the government tit.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
              If your goal is to challenge the current O&G drug policies, you’re completely wasting your time. I’ve been in the oilfield business for 29 years and I’ve seen first hand on location and on the road what drugs and alcohol can lead to. It’s a tough life and we’re a wild bunch so we do need policies that help most of us stay safe out there.

Heck get in the cannabis business if it’s legal in NM. My younger brother is a grower in California and has made a killing.
              I have zero interest in the O&G policy makers. They can do them. They have you to come to the rescue.

Comment

Sounds to me like he's not looking for oilfield employment but info on the system.
                He is wanting to work with former "disabled" oil field workers, so depending, it sounds like his cannabis proposition is inline.
                I spent many yrs with Haliburton and it doesn't matter whether they pee test you, or hair follicle you, half of them are on meth/coke/weed anyway.
                From personal experience it's the person not the drugs.
                I would take a lot of guys high on meth, before I would take some of them idiots stone cold sober.
                The straightest square I ever worked with at H, almost killed me twice working with some high pressure hoses, because he was 100% sure there was no pressure on them.
                It's ultimately how I lost my job, running my mouth about the dumb***.

Comment

I don’t need to explain my opinion because that is not the kind of media I’m interested in producing. I’m going with more of a white paper approach. My opinion is absolutely meaningless.

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  I’ve read this twice in an effort to understand exactly what you are asking and wanting to accomplish….. I’m lost

The cannabis users are more productive employees comment……. Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Sounds to me like he's not looking for oilfield employment but info on the system.
                    He is wanting to work with former "disabled" oil field workers, so depending, it sounds like his cannabis proposition is inline.
                    I spent many yrs with Haliburton and it doesn't matter whether they pee test you, or hair follicle you, half of them are on meth/coke/weed anyway.
                    From personal experience it's the person not the drugs.
                    I would take a lot of guys high on meth, before I would take some of them idiots stone cold sober.
                    The straightest square I ever worked with at H, almost killed me twice working with some high pressure hoses, because he was 100% sure there was no pressure on them.
                    It's ultimately how I lost my job, running my mouth about the dumb***.

I’m interested in working with oilfield employees. I’m not fishing as I have actual meaningful oilfield employment experiences to share with other OF employees.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      I have zero interest in the O&G policy makers. They can do them. They have you to come to the rescue.
                      What? You completely lost me with that. Please explain in just plain old English

Comment

I remember being stoned in high school. I was telling a joke to some friends and man I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Apparently I was the only one laughing.............

Thats how this thread is going. No one has a clue what point youre trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          I don’t need to explain my opinion because that is not the kind of media I’m interested in producing. I’m going with more of a white paper approach. My opinion is absolutely meaningless.

Understand.
                          I asked the question because you made the comment……. ???

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post

If your real passion is cannabis, get in the cannabis business if it’s legal in NM. My younger brother is a grower in California and has made a killing.
                            I’m not interested in the canna industry because most of them act like the stereotypical stoner. I have talked to all the dispensary owners. They have zero clue what policy is doing to the O&G labor pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              She better be hot then.
                              One would assume. I'm not that lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                                Understand.
                                I asked the question because you made the comment……. ???

You can do some research on your own if your interested in educating yourself.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X