No announcement yet.

Updated my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet you don't need a lift kit to level it out. I have a 2500, all you need to do is tighten up the torsion bars abit. Very easy to do.

Very nice out come.

Comment

Great job! Looks nice! Better than these new trucks.

Comment

where can you find info for those engines. My son is driving my Dads last truck. 99 chevy 2500 single cab. He wants to keep it going forever, and it still smells like the red dirt from the ranch. I would love to put another engine in it when needed.
        great looking truck, and it makes sense to redo-it/.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
          where can you find info for those engines. My son is driving my Dads last truck. 99 chevy 2500 single cab. He wants to keep it going forever, and it still smells like the red dirt from the ranch. I would love to put another engine in it when needed.
          great looking truck, and it makes sense to redo-it/.
          Those Jasper engines can be found in a lot of places. Just take a look at thier website to locate a dealer near you. There are also a lot of repair shops that are Jasper certified for installing thier engines. Prices are very affordable for most stock engines also.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
            I bet you don't need a lift kit to level it out. I have a 2500, all you need to do is tighten up the torsion bars abit. Very easy to do.

Very nice out come.
            Or put a trailer on the back of it

Very nice looking truck and a very smart choice
            Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-09-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

The guy who replaced the engine for us got the Jasper out of Houston.

Bucknaked - I've put a cattle trailer fully loaded and it might sit down a tad. When we ordered the truck we went with the beefy trailering package which included a transmission cooler and extra leaves in the rear suspension. The only time I've seen this truck level out with a load is when we put a 32' trailer with my JD 5525 on it. And it did not squat.
              Last edited by Dusty Britches; 06-09-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Didn't see it mentioned but did you go with the 6.0 engine ?
                Stock or performance upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  The guy who replaced the engine for us got the Jasper out of Houston.

Bucknaked - I've put a cattle trailer fully loaded and it might sit down a tad. When we ordered the truck we went with the beefy trailering package which included a transmission cooler and extra leaves in the rear suspension. The only time I've seen this truck level out with a load is when we put a 32' trailer with my JD 5525 on it. And it did not squat.
                  Impressive

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Didn't see it mentioned but did you go with the 6.0 engine ?
                    Stock or performance upgrade?
                    Yes, we stayed with the 6.0 stock.

Comment

Looks great! Hope you get another 200,000 miles out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And finally the bed. I actually did this a few weeks ago and just remembered that I needed to finish the story.

Prep work done and ready to roll in the new liner.

And done. I waited until the next day to take pictures but then because my husband mowed I had to wash off the dust.

And the maroon tailgate is growing on me. Mike Lapp really liked how the bed turned out, too. (He's the one who painted the truck.)

Comment

They did a good job. Everything looks great

Comment

Working...
                          X