No announcement yet.

Corvette bug finally got me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the score! That is one of the best looking ‘Bette’s ever made, and the red color tops it off!

The purchaser must have been an unlucky dude if he bought it presumably in 1970, went to Vietnam, and didn’t make it home since the peace accord was signed in Jan. 1973. Nevertheless, you have a jewel right there!

Comment

Where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Beautiful car. Congrats.

That story sounds very familiar....

David Ball-Ridding with Private Malone lyrics - YouTube
        Exactly what I was going to post. Beautiful ride, congratulations.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir! And, demz da rimz! Nice ride!

Comment

That's pretty dang nice. One of the few GM products I would like to own. Would be a 1968 or 69 427 Corvette, or a 1970 LS6 454 Corvette, the 70, with the LS6 would be my top choice. The only transmission choice for any of those three, would be the Muncie 4 speed.
            Then the other car I would like to have would be a 72-74, black Trans AM, with a 455 and a Muncie 4 speed.

I love the looks of the 63 Vettes with the split window, but unfortunately they only had 327s at that point in time.

Finding a low mileage LS6 4 speed 70 Vette, you did pretty dang good. I would probably pull the engine and transmission, pack them up in sealed crates. Then build a new engine, with modern aluminum heads, good intake, EFI, at least a 502, maybe a blower, like a Vortech YSI or something, to give it a little extra kick, then a TR 6060 transmission. Then drive the hell out of that thing.

You got a very cool ride, of Corvettes that has to be near the top.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-17-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

What memories this brings back. I had a '71 with the 454 4-speed. Had to sell it to afford college. Nice ride you got there.

Comment

Beautiful!

Had a 67 convertible with a 350 4 speed. Maroon with a white soft top!

Comment

My wife is looking at them now. Looks we will own a C3 soon. Nice ride.

Comment

Man that’s bad ***!!! I see that pic was from Fayetteville. I’m about 8 minutes away so roll that dog by my casa for a cold one so I can see it in person!

Comment

Congratulations, a beauty for sure.

Comment

Sweet! My Dad had a 74 when I was in high school. I used to sneak it out every once in a while and I’m convinced I’m still alive because he sold it shortly after I got my license.

Comment

The right bug bit you for sure! Great looking car!

Comment

I was thinking private Malone also.

mighty fine vette you got

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              Man that’s bad ***!!! I see that pic was from Fayetteville. I’m about 8 minutes away so roll that dog by my casa for a cold one so I can see it in person!
                              I thought that looked like Fayetteville.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Where did you find it?
                                I found this car up in Minnesota. A 63 year old gentleman had it and kept it stored in a climate controlled storage unit. Ran it occasionally on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X