NEW Annihilator 100 gr XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Annihilator 100 gr XL

Check out my test of this new 100 gr XL by Annihilator. Worth a look.
    Attached Files

tough head! way better penetration than i thought

Comment

They show they aren't available till June 1st on the web site. Any idea on how to get them sooner?

Comment

Wish they made them out of something besides 4140.... edge retention is about the same as a piece of plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
          They show they aren't available till June 1st on the web site. Any idea on how to get them sooner?
          Call me at the shop. We have em. 817-439-8998

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
            Wish they made them out of something besides 4140.... edge retention is about the same as a piece of plywood.

Ive found the same....i feel a lot of it has to do with blade angle as well. Its one thing for it to not stay sharp, its another for it to never achieve sharpness. I can get some broadheads poppin hairs sharp like a scalpel....others- never even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Call me at the shop. We have em. 817-439-8998
              i think we need Jeff to field test them on some hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                Ive found the same....i feel a lot of it has to do with blade angle as well. Its one thing for it to not stay sharp, its another for it to never achieve sharpness. I can get some broadheads poppin hairs sharp like a scalpel....others- never even close.

Yeah the fixed 3 blades have a 30 degree bevel. Given that all of them are “less” sharp than blades with 20 degree bevels. Given that though I can get a 3 blade VPA or Valkyrie to shave. And they’ll still be decently sharp after going through a pig. I’ve shot a couple of pigs and 2 raccoons and they were butter knives after. 4140 just isn’t a blade steel, it’s tough as hell but a broadhead is IMO a cutting tool, and 4140 is less than ideal.

Comment

Working...
                X