The Hog Log: Ruh Roh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool read.

I spoked a big boar sleeping while tracking in thick brush at night once, no where near like your experience and I had my sidearm, still got the heart racing hard. Hahaha.

Glad all ended well.

J

Comment

Bro. You lost me at belly crawl!

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
        Bro. You lost me at belly crawl!
        Yeah my favorite spot was 5 yards from some of the nastiest thicket you could imagine, and most of them ran into it. I've pulled many a hog out of that thicket late at night. I guess I got a little "too" comfortable. But its also why I got obsessed with shot placement and broadheads the last couple of years. My goal was down in under 10 yards if possible. I made that goal about 50% of the time this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          Congrats on a great ending!

TPost - Bryan Keeling - said to me multiple times - never ever chase a wounded hog at night. Never ever go after a wounded hog without a firearm.

Stay safe and go kill more pigs!
          yeah, well I had 2 strikes, luckily not a third. Just pulled the last of my gear off my lease of 10 years, and moving to a new spot down in Gonzales. Supposed to have some pigs on it, so hopefully the slaying continues.

Comment

Glad you made it out Matt! Heck of a story! And heck of a hog! That was a great recap and should set an example to the newer folk on what helped make this sight so great! The story writing with pics.

I've had my share of belly crawls with a flashlight and dagger on public, when I was younger. But always knew when to back out and wait till daylight, being I was by my self many of the times.

Also great to see you posting! We need a good old TBH Happy Hour!

Comment

Working...
            X