Guitar lessons NW Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for acoustic guitar lessons. I’d rather not take the Guitar Center route but will if nothing pans out.

I’ve never played and want to get my foundation down with give and take feedback so the online stuff isn’t in the cards at the start.

Any leads are appreciated.

Piggott music in old town Spring is a good place. My daughter has been going for several years.

Comment

I did the guitar center route for 5 or 6 lessons. It was definitely better than money wasted on online dvd stuff. If you go that route only do 30minute lessons. That gives you enough to focus on and practice for a week....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guitargate.com

Michael is a great teacher, but yes, its online. He'll communicate with you though.

Comment

Not exactly NW but you might call Texas Music Emporium at the SE corner of I45 and 1960.
          Last edited by Bluesman; 01-05-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I figured with Guitar Center the 60 minute lessons would be better than the 30.

Comment

Check out the JustinGuitar app. It will teach you chords strumming, picking, and has tons of songs. It is very easy to make progress and has several tools to help track your improvement. Do the paid subscription for a month or two and see if you like it. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Gratuitous shot of my strat.

Last edited by txpitdog; 01-05-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Check out the JustinGuitar app. It will teach you chords strumming, picking, and has tons of songs. It is very easy to make progress and has several tools to help track your improvement. Do the paid subscription for a month or two and see if you like it. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Gratuitous shot of my strat.

Some people post pictures sideways. Yours is backwards.

Comment

School of Rock Champions Forest, Ask for Adam

Comment

The Talent House in Cypress

Comment

if you change your mind and are willing to try online, the fenderplay program is really good and works well for the basics or first time player.

Comment

I never made progress online. Once I got a tutor and we could interact, I started learning fast... It's worth every penny if you are serious about learning to play guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                          Not exactly NW but you might call Texas Music Emporium at the SE corner of I45 and 1960.
                          Right Here, Robert Hampton (Dr. Guitar) does all there service, repairs, and gives lesson. He can flat out play

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                            Looking for acoustic guitar lessons. I’d rather not take the Guitar Center route but will if nothing pans out.

I’ve never played and want to get my foundation down with give and take feedback so the online stuff isn’t in the cards at the start.

Any leads are appreciated.
                            Whats NW houston? If you mean cypress then I cant help, if you mean NW houston, then fullers on 610 near 45 had some good instructors working out of there back in the day. Sure they still have some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                              Thanks for the input. I figured with Guitar Center the 60 minute lessons would be better than the 30.

If you are a really quick learner maybe. I found they could give me a few chords and strumming patterns to work on and it would take me a week to build the muscle memory. After 30minutes I was just wasting their time and my money . Then next week they could help clean it up and give me the next set of chords. I’m a old dog with no previous experience. I made more progress in the probably 10 lessons than I did in over 2 years of you tube and countless internet dvd purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X