Missing right and low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing right and low

Man idk if I got the yips or what. But I'm either dead on or low and right. I feel like my anchor points are consistent. Could it be my grip? I always look at my level as well.
    Anyone have a suggestion?
    At greater distances the low gets worse and the right stays about the same. Like I said I don't think it's the sight because the bow was dead on and I'm dead on a lot too. But I am missing a lot as well.

Missing right and low

I’m no expert but will give my 0.02$. Assume wrist release? Punching trigger if right handed tends to pull to right in my experience. Dropping out of shot too soon will result in low poi. Put pin on target and concentrate on slow trigger pressure then try to keep pin on target until arrow impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool thanks!

Comment

I'm no expert either, but it could be your grip also. You shouldn't close your bow hand all the way. This will cause the bow to torque, so I'm told.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

So you know if it is one particular arrow or not?
          When I have one miss the spot I'm aiming at by more than a couple inches I mark it. The next round I see if I have a flier I know if it's the same arrow or not.
          If one is consistently off the mark it becomes a stump arrow or coon arrow.
          If it was a 1x miss I figure it's me somehow

Comment

You focusing on the pin or the target? If i hold the pin on the target then I’ll shoot low everytime, if I just focus on the spot and let the pin do whatever then I’m dead on

Comment

Sounds like you’re dropping your front arm to me. Also, mark your arrows and make sure it’s not the same one that’s off.

Comment

So is this with field points and Bh's? or is it just one or the other.

Comment

It is extremely difficult to tell you without seeing a detailed video or watching you in person. Post that up and then you can get some detailed feedback.

Missing can be caused by so many things that anyone that gives an answer could be equally right or wrong. You’re going to be chasing your tail without getting true face to face or video feedback.

Comment

I'm with Mr. Whiskers. I believe you are trying to look at the arrow in flight and as a result, you will shoot low and right (assuming you are right handed). Focus on your spot until the arrow hits.

Comment

Try some aiming drills. Get 5 yards from your target and hold on the X as long as you possibly can. In your head, think of pushing your pin through the X. Repeat as often as you have time but never shoot.

Comment

Could it be that your true shot is in the middle of your two current shot placements and all that is needed is a slight moving of the sight.

Comment

Are you shooting from an elevated stand. You could be dropping your bow arm. Need to bend at the waist.

Comment

Working...
                          X