Gun safe movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe movers

I have a 825lb liberty gun safe to move from my first floor study in fort bend county to our shop in Shiner. Anyone have a good recommendation(s)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

I used these guys and was very happy. Not cheap, but they did good work.

Comment

Call Bobby Moseley. I'll PM you his number.

Comment

Piano Dolly and a trailer with a gate and a couple men. Makes it pretty smooth. Roll it on 2” schedule 40 pvc to get into place. Spend money on beer and ammo

Comment

What he said ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
            Piano Dolly and a trailer with a gate and a couple men. Makes it pretty smooth. Roll it on 2” schedule 40 pvc to get into place. Spend money on beer and ammo
            I used 2” dowel rods. Worked great, just me and the wife. Mine only weighs about 700 lbs though.

Comment

How do you tip it to get the rods of pipe under it

Comment

Dowels or pvc work, I have had good luck on tile or hardwood using carpet turned upside down and sliding the safe. Wife and I have moved mine of that size 3 times.

Comment

Roll it on golf balls, professional movers do this a lot of times till they can get a safe lift under it.

Comment

I agree the golf ball method works great, used it yesterday to move one of mine.

Comment

I rolled mine on 4 inch PVC worked great couple guys to lay it down on back of trailer and couple to stand it up

Comment

Nick of time safe movers.

Comment

I had mine moved last year when we moved by a local safe mover but it weighed 1050#. Not close to you but he did a great job. Even bolted it back down. Worth the money IMO.

Comment

Nick of time safe movers had a dolly that literally climbed down our steps. Pretty cool

Comment

Nick of Time did the one I purchased from Tractor Supply. Did a great job.

Comment

Working...
                              X