South Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Padre

Wife wants to go next weekend. Long drive for us so I'm not bringing the boat and really don't have the extra $500 for a charter. I haven't been down that far down the coast in 37 years. Anyone know a good area to catch a speck or redfish without a craft if I brought the rod/reel?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Not being an azz but a search will turn up many threads on this with great info

Comment

If the surf is right, hit the beach for specks.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Maybe he just wants the opinion of a bunch of intellectuals!

Comment

Comment

Hit me with a link! I kept coming up with topless jeeps or blondes or something other than stinky fish.

Comment

You can go wading behind the convention center and Laguna heights. Pirates Landing pier in Port Isabel was great for night fishing. Free line live shrimp with a #8 treble hook, you will catch trout. Last time I was there I caught tons of trout off the pier, lots of small fish but I could have caught a limit there every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                Maybe he just wants the opinion of a bunch of intellectuals!

And those are available

Comment

Good wade fishing a base of causeway bridge east side. Good trout action

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                    Hit me with a link! I kept coming up with topless jeeps or blondes or something other than stinky fish.

I searched South Padre and hit several useful threads

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      you can go wading behind the convention center and laguna heights. Pirates landing pier in port isabel was great for night fishing. Free line live shrimp with a #8 treble hook, you will catch trout. Last time i was there i caught tons of trout off the pier, lots of small fish but i could have caught a limit there every night.
                      this

Comment

whats it look like when you are actually trying?

Comment

Call this guy one of our pro staffers 956-543-8624 I am betting he will do you right and won't break the bank and he can fish and they need customers during this time if you can swing a couple hundred bucks I am betting he would entertain it! Andy Salinas

You will not meet a nicer young man!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                            whats it look like when you are actually trying?

Oh I can be but I wasn’t then and I’m not now yet I maintain, if the information is truly desired a forum search for “South Padre” or “South Padre Wade Fishing” will yield way more information on wade in spots and restaurants etc than I or anyone else could ever type out

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                              Call this guy one of our pro staffers 956-543-8624 I am betting he will do you right and won't break the bank and he can fish and they need customers during this time if you can swing a couple hundred bucks I am betting he would entertain it! Andy Salinas

You will not meet a nicer young man!
                              Thanks I'll call him.

Comment

Working...
                              X